Congo: WA - One-Eyed Brindle B

• Believe me It's a Big stress reliever to know that BRAT took him… I just got news about the other 2 going to the humane society so I'm hoping BRAT was able to get them as well...

• Houston

Wow, that is horrid..although probably not very uncommon…disgraceful humans. I am glad Congo has a new lease on life and has been given a chance to erase his first very bad memories.

• People like that need to be turned in no one needs to know who did it.

Rita Jean

• Houston

jepp, I agree, a little phone call to the right authorities..is all that is needed, at least here in TX.

• I hope his new owners get the Fanconi DNA test done on him - especially coming from 2 carriers….

Ducati...he could be clear, carrier, or affected from that breeding (not ONLY affected).

• I know exactly what happened to the 2 b's that were in that house of horrors.
    They were turned into the local humane society. I went down and talked to the shelter, and they let me send some BRAT folks who drove over 80 miles one way to adopt them.
    They were a mess, skin a bones, intact and very scared. Anyway, they are now well loved house dogs with a loving family in Seattle. Fixed and vetted…doing great. I just got photos and did not even think they were the same dogs..
    That woman, well, she was going to breed them all!
    Yes, this woman should never have another pet...of any kind.

• Oh, I meant to add the 2 other b's were bought from other "breeders" who sell dogs via credit cards, to anyone who has the credit limit to buy them.
    I could never find out what breeders, but they never knew how these dogs lived or how they were treated.
    Thank heavens we have mostly great breeders who are responsible on this list.

• Congo is from New York if you go on to Breeders.net (I think) her ad was on there last I checked… She breeds the blues...

Congo has been Fanconi Tested... I believe the lady that gave him up asked me what it ment to be infected... that's why I mentioned it...

The 1 others I'm thrilled to hear they are okay... Like mentioned before I wish I would have known... I would have taken them off her hands gladly... I would have found good homes my self or given them to BRAT...

They are siblings...

And she talked about breeding them together... I think I know were she got them from but I doubt the breeders know that this is the life there puppies were living... If I can recall I've talked to both and both asked exstensive (spelling sorry) questions about the homes... The lady lied to them, she even lied to me, said she'd been raise around B's and been breeding them for years.. (lesson learned, my B Boy turned out to be deaf)...

If you could post the pictures I'd love to see how they are doing now... Congo Looks 100% Happier in the pictures that I saw then what I EVER saw him at her house...

• Ducati457, Congo now know as Patch came from north Carolina.
    She sent me some kind of form that says he is a carrier, but I don't know if its a dummy form as Lisa has not been able to varify it from the website.
    So, I asked the new owners to get him a cheek swab..I inform all the adopters of the cheek swabs and strongly suggest they have them done.

You have a deaf boy? I just picked up a girl who was with a woman who through no fault of her own became homeless.
    Could this be the second b she had??
    I live in Silverdale…seems you must be a neighbor.

• Houston

Sharron, I am so happy to hear that all three of these dogs have happy homes and are healthy again, food wise. I realize Fanconi might be in the picture, but sure hope that it isn't..
    Thanks for the follow up..

• You have a deaf boy? I just picked up a girl who was with a woman who through no fault of her own became homeless.
    Could this be the second b she had??
    I live in Silverdale…seems you must be a neighbor.

I had a Deaf Boy…I bought him to show just like Jazz (who you picked up the other day)...When I found out he was deaf I placed him into a forever home that could spoil him rotten...

I didn't know about the conditions of her house until after I bought Clark... It was my first show Dog... As well a Jazz so Lesson learned...

I've met alot of great people in my arrea that show so If I even decided to travel that road again I'll know who to talk to...

When things settle out with me I'm going to Foster and Adopt this time...I can always get a puppy later...

• So you got him from this breeder who is in Alaska?
    If you hear the forever home can't keep him, I do have a few homes who do special needs b's. He would be welcome.
    Deaf dogs do have a bit of different type of work, but these homes are prepared to handle them.

• Sharon, thanks for the update on the 3 Basenjis , it makes me happy to know they have good homes 🙂

• Your welcome. I love happy endings.

• @sharronhurlbut:

So you got him from this breeder who is in Alaska?
    QUOTE]

Yes I mentioned that when you picked her up… I tried emailing her about her papers and all that but she never got back to me... I also asked her about taking her back or helping me find a home for her and she said that she didn't have time to pay for her to fly back as well as post her up for sale again... I was left with no other choice

• ok, I hope I didn't sound critical. I didn't mean to.

• No you didn't sound critical… I took it as putting the peices together...

• @sharronhurlbut:

Your welcome. I love happy endings.

Thanks Sharron! I think you are one of the queens of happy endings! Love my precious Hunter. Even though he keeps eating the expensive dog bed….I do so love Basenjis!!!!!

• Thanks Vicki. I am just glad he eats his bed and NOT yours!

• We have one of Sharrons "Special Needs" BRAT rescues and let me tell you about her "Special Needs".
    She needs to take up most of the bed at night.
    She needs to not be so spoiled. (we balme this on her cuz she is so adorable)
    She needs to be the center of attention.
    She needs to go on rides in the car all the time.
    She needs to quit being so friendly to everything. (rescues are supposed to have some baggage right?)
    She needs to have cookies. (again the adorable thing)
    She needs to give us the OK to get more Basenjis.
    Oh and she is blind.

Suggested Topics