• After spending the last half hour or so brushing my navy blue drapes to try and scrape the beautiful, long golden hair of Gypsy out of the fabric, and knowing that in less than a week I'll be doing it again…and again....and again.....I am feeling particularly thrilled to own a Basenji also.

I will never, ever own a long-haired dog again.

Dog hair, ugh! :mad:
    Just had to get that out!

• Ah yes…the wonderful world of shedding dogs! I am quite sad to be allergic to most dogs and am still sensitive to basenji dander, but boy am I happy that the dog that I LOVE doesn't shed much at all...Maybe once a year (if that) in the summer, I notice a little on my shirt, but that's it!!
    So sorry you're having to do all that brushing. I use one of those tape roller things...

• I have those tape roller things, but they just don'twork on the drapes. I don't know what it is, but the combo of her hair texture and the fabric is awful. I can use up a whole roller of sticky-tape and not make a dent in the hair.
    I bought a rubber brush/scraper that works much better.
    Either way, it's such a pain. And the dog hair on dark clothes - ugh- for that the rollers work great.

I love the Basenji hair, that when it does happen to stick to my clothes, just brushes right off!

• :rolleyes: @JazzysMom:

I have those tape roller things, but they just don'twork on the drapes. I don't know what it is, but the combo of her hair texture and the fabric is awful. I can use up a whole roller of sticky-tape and not make a dent in the hair.
    I bought a rubber brush/scraper that works much better.
    Either way, it's such a pain. And the dog hair on dark clothes - ugh- for that the rollers work great.

I love the Basenji hair, that when it does happen to stick to my clothes, just brushes right off!

I recommend tape. It works great! The packaging tape though..its much thicker. Just wrap it around your fingers tacky side up :rolleyes:
    It picks up so much and much cheaper than those rollers.

• I find when the tape roller just won't cut it, a rubber glove does. those big ugly yellow ones. I get 'em at the dollar store - and just use my fingers to move the fur into a pile. works wonders on the mounds of fur my 2 cats leave on everything.

• Yes, the tape works great, but I think I know what rubber brush you mean. My sister has a broom like that - she got it at an Equine Affair in MA one year. It works great. Gets all the hair up when she sweeps. She's got a black Aussie/Golden mix - can you say HAIR??!!! I don't think I could handle it…LOL!

Suggested Topics