• I was just wondering if Fula Blacks ALWAYS lose their gorgeous black coats and go all smutty ???

Are they shown much ??? Do they do well, or do judges mostly 'dismiss', (in their minds, not literally…) them from their winners ???

• No, they do not all become smudgy though finding one that keeps a nice black coat seems rare. There was a litter born here in the US about 2 years ago that has 3 and so far they don't seem to have tan bleeding. Dr Jo Thompson has also seen recessive blacks in the Congo that have no tan bleeding and based on DNA tests are definately not dominant blacks.

• @saba:

I was just wondering if Fula Blacks ALWAYS lose their gorgeous black coats and go all smutty ???

Are they shown much ??? Do they do well, or do judges mostly 'dismiss', (in their minds, not literally…) them from their winners ???

And on some of the Fula Blacks that I have seen, you really only see the tan bleeding when they are ready to blow coat… usually in good coat you really don't see or can tell they are Fula Blacks....

• My Abby does that, when she is ready to blow her coat she turns kind of brown on the sides but the hair on her back that she stands up when freaked out stays black all the time.

Suggested Topics