1 1/2 YO Tri Color Basenji Female needs a home in Oklahoma

• Houston

My biggest "something is wrong sentence"is this one "I bought her for $500" to "she is one of my parents pups, they used to breed, but don't anymore" She paid her parents $500 for a pup???

• I tried to pull up craigslist up but it says this posting has been flagged for removal. I hope she get's into trouble. Just so wrong.

Rita Jean

• Her story is also not consistent. On Kjiji she says she paid $400. Here she $500 but then later says she got the dog from her parents. I guess one of Judge Judy's sayings is fitting, "You don't have to have a good memory if you are telling the truth."

• People who take free or low cost dogs then resell them for a profit are called "flippers". Many of them do not post pictures because they do not want the dog's previous owner to know what they are doing. Dumb considering they usually get the dogs off Kijiji or Craigslist and repost them in the same places. Some people actually do this for a living and while dishonest, I don't think there are any laws against it.

• It breaks your heart, these poor animals will think they're going to a nice new home , only to be sold on 😞

• Its always the animals who suffer..sigh.

• Hello I am currently the true owner of this dog and I would love for someone from brat to contact me. Message me for contact details and I'll also explain the situation to the best of my knowledge.

• @IlovemyB:

Hello I am currently the true owner of this dog and I would love for someone from brat to contact me. Message me for contact details and I'll also explain the situation to the best of my knowledge.

please email me at dmzoo@mac.com I am in Norman and we can work at the details and get the dog into rescue. I spoke with Liz just a little while ago about your dog

• @Rita:

That's really to bad not really sure why she had to buy the dog in first place if it was from her parent's. I sure do hope it get's a loving home it is a pretty dog.

Rita Jean

Yes Rita I agree. Its a very nice looking dog.

Jason

• Is it just me that seems to notice something seems to be up with the Oklahoma area?? The last 3 posts are all in the area regardless of fake or real posts!

Hoping for the best for the dogs involved!!

• Houston

I agree, it is suspicious, maybe nothing, but it caught my attention as well..

• I have to agree…it seems very weird and seems to me they are either all from the same person posting under more than one name or possibly I'm even wondering if the dogs/situations might be fictitious. It is all really odd.

• @renaultf1:

I have to agree…it seems very weird and seems to me they are either all from the same person posting under more than one name or possibly I'm even wondering if the dogs/situations might be fictitious. It is all really odd.

I can verify that the dog is not fictitious, I will be going tomorrow to eval the dog for BRAT. Her condition is and story is spun quite out there however.

As for the two posts about "1.5 to 2yr old tri female Basenji in oklahoma" BRAT and Basenji Forum are looking into see if this is the same person posting these two post with the information that was provided to the forum and BRAT

Please let's not get this post out of hand, I did ask admin to close the second post, I am in contact with the TRUE owner of the dog. He is working with BRAT to surrender her.

• It would be nice to get an update, once you have checked the dog out and she is safe into BRAT's hands.
    Please??

• @sharronhurlbut:

It would be nice to get an update, once you have checked the dog out and she is safe into BRAT's hands.
    Please??

Hi Sharron 😃
    Sheesh I have been busy LOL, and goodness she is busy too. She is safe and into BRAT care. I got her mid this afternoon. She has intergrate into the "pack" just fine other than the expected female basenji snarking. Things seem to be going well so far.

• pretty girl, i'm glad she's safe and in good hands; looks like her dew claws have been removed.

• @agilebasenji:

pretty girl, i'm glad she's safe and in good hands; looks like her dew claws have been removed.

yes they have been, she is from a breeder that BRAT has gotten several dogs from

• Houston

Good to see that she is safe and sound in your hands and kitchen..:). Thanks for the update..

• Good job!!!!! And not good to hear that she is from a breeder that has "dump" B's on BRAT before…. sigh....

I think that BRAT should send them a bill for time/care/etc.... not that they would pay it, but at least they would know that someone is keeping track of their "not" so ethical breeding and selling habits.....

• Houston

Is there no way to report "breeders" like that? It is animal neglect to a point, no? Clearly if you breed over and over yet you don't sell/adopt, whatever you want to call it, you are not capable to provide care and shelter, you are in fact neglecting the pups..
    and before anybody gets mad, IMO

Suggested Topics