• First Basenji's

A few nights ago I was reading in bed, and when I looked over at Cody, he was staring at me. I started talking to him and he just kept staring. I even waved and snapped and there was no response. Then he started to snore. So apparently he sleeps with his eyes open, which is slighly creepy. Now when he does it, I rub his cheek or his nose and his eyes close. I know that people do this as well. Does anyone else's B sleep with their eyes open?

• My first Basenji would go into such a deep sleep with the eyes half open and you could literally take your finger and pull the eye lid up and the dog would roll the eyes back, snoring.

• Wooo - gotta admit, that's creepy. I didn't know dogs did it, but my Mother used to, and it was creepy then, too. I'd be shutting those eyes every time I saw it.

• Houston

Wow, I have never heard of that..creepy..maybe you should sleep with at least one eye open, Cody might be on the brink of sleepwalking..;)

• Jaycee sleeps with her eyes shut however she has rolled out of her bed onto the floor and never wakes up. Bed sets on floor put she just rolls out.

Rita Jean

• That is very strange. Kananga doesn't move an inch when he sleeps. Snores somtimes, but is usually quiet and doesn't disturb me.

• First Basenji's

@Basenjimamma:

Wow, I have never heard of that..creepy..maybe you should sleep with at least one eye open, Cody might be on the brink of sleepwalking..;)

Oh no! LOL I hope not! Luckily, when he sleeps, some part of him has to be touching me (his paw on my arm, curled up against my chest, or his head pillowed on my leg, and the like), so I feel it every time he moves, and I'm a light sleeper.

• I have a girl basenji that usually sleeps with one eye half way open and her tongue sticking out her mouth. It is creepy but if I try to touch her it wakes her up so I've learned to leave her alone.

• That is strange, my dog snores…eyes shut, ears up, ready for action any time! I must admit, if someone tries to disturb her, she growls a bit, so I always tell my visitors to let her sleep if she lies down all curled up and her eyes are shut! I always find that strange that I have to tell them though, it seems so obvious!

• I think that everyone has certain sleeping habits that seem to be strange to someone... It's normal! Just remember about http://onlineclassmentor.com/blog/20-things-students-should-stop-doing-in-school, since they are vital to be considered!

Suggested Topics