• I WISH it were my couches!!! At least I know they can't get sick from destroying a couch.

My B's think they are TERMITES 😃 someone forgot to tell them they're supposed to like fluffy things not WOOD uuugghh! I have a beautiful natural wood breakfast nook in the kitchen which now looks like termites have eaten most of it…only it was my dogs who've done the damage. I've rubbed down the whole thing with Vicks VapoRub which helped only now they are after the wooden joints beneath the bench 😮 they have managed to find small places that I missed!

Needless to say that you walk through my kitchen & your sinuses clear up instantly 🙂

• @JMagalas:

:p I just love these Bs, my older one does it when I come home form wherever I have been, and I swear, he is more welcoming than any husband I ever had!!

No matter how bad a day I've had at work, when I get home and let them all out….the baroo's, tails wagging, kisses and those, "I'm so glad you're home" eyes..........makes it all good again.:) 🆒

I have had many other dog breeds in my life, but none like these. I will always have at least two Basenji's in my life.;)

• Gee, I am feeling a little out of the "Basenji loop" with this thread.

Jazzy has never damaged any furniture – we have a leather couch and loveseat in the living room, and a fabric covered couch in the family room -- she never even jumps onto the furniture {except when playing "chase me!" with the kids in the family room, and NEVER on the leather},
    she doesn't get into my laundry, doesn't get into the trash,doesn't bother the toilet paper,....
    I am very happy about all that, but still feel like I must be missing out on a big part of the Basenji experience! LOL

• @JazzysMom:

Gee, I am feeling a little out of the "Basenji loop" with this thread.

Jazzy has never damaged any furniture – we have a leather couch and loveseat in the living room, and a fabric covered couch in the family room -- she never even jumps onto the furniture {except when playing "chase me!" with the kids in the family room, and NEVER on the leather},
    she doesn't get into my laundry, doesn't get into the trash,doesn't bother the toilet paper,....
    I am very happy about all that, but still feel like I must be missing out on a big part of the Basenji experience! LOL

You are blessed.:D

From my experience, the funiture damage seems to be when they're younger…...our older B's don't seem interested in that anymore. I'm sure they're all different.:D

• Bboy- my boy is THREE how much longer until he's not interested in wood & plastic???? I ned to start the countdown 😃

Jazzy-my B's don't get into laundry or toilet paper either. But then again they are not allowed upstairs which is where the bedrooms & hampers are located. There's one bathroom in the kitchen which is always always kept closed. And they're allowed into the living room area on a supervised basis only 🙂 I think this minimizes the damage around the house.

• @jys1011:

Bboy- my boy is THREE how much longer until he's not interested in wood & plastic???? I ned to start the countdown 😃

Jazzy-my B's don't get into laundry or toilet paper either. But then again they are not allowed upstairs which is where the bedrooms & hampers are located. There's one bathroom in the kitchen which is always always kept closed. And they're allowed into the living room area on a supervised basis only 🙂 I think this minimizes the damage around the house.

My two oldest are 5 and 6, those are the only two that seem to be past the destructive stage.

I agree with your limiting the B's to safe area's unless supervised…...but every now and then they get one by on us regardless of our precautions.:D

• Daisy is teaching Duke some new Basenji fun. His preference for mess making has been de-stuffing assorted things. Now, he's learned what fun a roll of toilet paper can be. I think Daisy knows I'm about to squash her fun. They learn so much from one another. (my fault for leaving them unsupervised while getting ready for our Easter dinner . . .)

attachment_p_11735_0_daisy-oops.jpg

• @Duke:

Daisy is teaching Duke some new Basenji fun. His preference for mess making has been de-stuffing assorted things. Now, he's learned what fun a roll of toilet paper can be. I think Daisy knows I'm about to squash her fun. They learn so much from one another. (my fault for leaving them unsupervised while getting ready for our Easter dinner . . .)

That's awesome Jill…...caught in the act!:D 😃 😃

When we got the second B the first one would take things from her she wasn't supposed to have and bring them to us. At first we where like......no he couldn't be doing that! But when it seemed like he was taking things away from her and dropping them at our feet over and over again.....we where convinced.

I'm glad your having so much fun with those two........I know Duke is!

• She looks like she just looked up at you and said, "Is there a problem?" LOL! It looks like you've got your hands full!

• Ha. The toilet paper game. How could I ever forget. Man oah man why do they find the TP so enjoyable??? What a mess!

• Jill how can you resist that face..it's impossible to get mad at her TOO CUTE 😃

• @Basenji_Boy:

When we got the second B the first one would take things from her she wasn't supposed to have and bring them to us. At first we where like…...no he couldn't be doing that! But when it seemed like he was taking things away from her and dropping them at our feet over and over again…..we where convinced.

I'm glad your having so much fun with those two….....I know Duke is!

Yeah - we're enjoying having two in our home. I just mentioned to my husband today, that I am reminded with Daisy, how much mess we used to pick up when Duke was her age. This phase too shall pass. As you've mentioned, that your 1st B would take forbidden things away LoL . . . How smart is that! Wish Duke would do Daisy those favors. When Daisy's doing something Duke knows is a no-no, :eek: he is the one who acts guilty and runs into a corner or in his crate. Daisy doesn't know all the ropes that Duke has learned. She doesn't have guilt about anything yet. But, she'll drop a shoe or slipper whenever she sees one of us looking at her. She's learning . . .

That's funny Nala - you pegged her look just right "Is ther a problem?" :p

It's almost impossible for me to get mad at Daisy with that face. I wasn't mad when I saw the mess, just surprised. So I grabbed the camera and snapped. The only time I get mad at her is when we just come in after going potty outside to find that she pooped in a corner 2 minutes later. :mad: This girl won't poop when I take her out. She only poops for DH! I almost forgot how much picking up and cleaning I did when Duke was this age. btw Daisy is 15 almost 16 weeks.

….......................................

Ohh man! I just had to let her outside b/c she was heaving. (Clean-up in the center aisle!) :eek: Once I got her out, I came back in to clean up a pile of puke - it had little wood chips in it!! I bet it's from a fallen branch from outside - I hope not my furniture. 😕

• oh god jill, i can sympathize! fender peed on my dirty laundry today. i am worried he is starting to "mark", waahh.

Suggested Topics