• Houston

with toilet paper thief found wandering loose in our house…
    The good thing is, he left half of the roll untouched...training is paying off, finally.
    In the past the whole roll would be gone, no only half is gone...

This time I know Otis did this, because the other TP eater (Luna) was on a walk with me..Otis and Gus was left at home. Gus is 10" of the ground so he is safe from suspicion…Otis=Guilty as charged.
    I laughed so hard when I saw this, I just had to share it with my fellow basenji friends.
    Very few of my "regular" friends will see the humour or improvement in this..

• That's too funny Petra! When you said half I was thinking half like in the roll pulled out half way not chewed in half. Then I saw the pic. LOL!

• @Basenjimamma:

The good thing is, he left half of the roll untouched…training is paying off, finally..

Haha, LOL! That's too funny! Thanks for sharing! Love the pic as well 😃

• The picture is priceless…I think you should submit it to all the Basenji web sites and it should be included in the "Is a Basenji right for you?" link!

• Great picture like your saying at least left 1/2 roll. Thanks for sharing.

Rita Jean

• We make sure the door is shut. Even hubby started to do this, when we had a dinner party and Cody ran down the hall, from the bathroom, into the dining room and started to eat the paper.
    It makes for LIVELY dinner conversation…I can tell you!!

• Houston

yes, door is usually shut, Lukas (4 yrs) thought it should be left open..not thinking of the consekvenses (SP?). He was thoroughly amazed that Otis left half of the roll for us, very sweet of him, he announced..LOL

• That is great I can just see sitting to dinner and your dog running in the house with a roll of tissure. Well at least it is great as long as it don't happen here.

Rita Jean

• My previous 2 Bs never touched the paper until they were 10 years old because some guy left the end hanging down almost to the floor and my bw Nika discovered it. I could have shot that guy!

• I keep the bathroom door shut always. This thread has reaffirmed my reasoning. 😃

• For OJ's entire life, his favorite thing was stealing napkins off peoples laps…. now that made for good dinner conversations... and he was so quick.. most of the people didn't have a clue where/what happen to their napkins....

• Heee, they do make any dinner party interesting…even the very dull ones, don't they??

• First Basenji's

That's hilarious! I definitely wasn't expecting that!

• that is soooo funny. and just typical.

yep we keep our doors all shut… i figure the kitchen and living room and the boys bedroom and the basement are enough to "terrorize" . i came home the other day to SNOW all up and down the hall. son had left the bathroom door open and HANSEL (jonny NEVER gets stuff messy) had gotten in the trash(including his personal favorite-female products) and SNOWED the hallway with it. it was really really funny. when i got home there it was and he was SO proud. lol i yelled at my son to come look as he was in the basement, so hansel was unsupervised. son picked up real quick and i dont think he will forget to shut the door for a while. picking up trash is not his idea of fun. i should have taken a picture. next time i will. and there will be a next time. 🙂

• @tanza:

For OJ's entire life, his favorite thing was stealing napkins off peoples laps…. now that made for good dinner conversations... and he was so quick.. most of the people didn't have a clue where/what happen to their napkins....

Nala too…she's a stealthy thief...no one even knows it's happening until you hear her shredding it under the table...We warn people that they can't be "sophisticated" in our house - they leave the napkins on the table" LOL

• Great photograph! our bathroom doors have to be kept shut too, or Tilly is right in there.

If you take her into the bathroom with you (because she cant be trusted on her own) she can also chew the crotch right out of your pants (without giving any indication of what she is doing) while you are in situ…. thats a difficult one to explain lol.

• Houston

I know, Bana our foster did that too…the crotch eating part...Otis has not done that ..YET..LOL.

Yes , napkin stealing is a favorite sport here as well, and quiet..like the wind..

• My rw Ringo didn't steal dinner guest's napkins but he would just suddenly spring up in their lap and scare the crap out of them. Then we start laughing.

• Now that is talent LMAO I love that even the cardboard is gone classic basenji

Mine dont bother it if it's on the holder, but if the other half leaves it on the sink and doesn't but it one the holder then it's fair game, never figured that one out LOL then I go in to find toothy toilet paper

• Very funny! Poppy has only destroyed one practically new dog lead today.

She only goes into the bathroom supervised.

Suggested Topics