• Houston

Good to hear from you โ€ฆweird, that is how I felt before I had my daughter, although I felt weird for about a day or two before she got here..so It could be..will keep you and Kas in my thoughts. hope things go very well, quickly and least painful possible..

• oohhh another explanation of you notbeing online today then I thought, or maybe hoped ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am happy to hear that you still are doing great though ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

" de laatste loodjes " you go girl!!!!

• Well I am happy to read that you are well and doing all right and so is little one. Like I said we all are in a hurry. I felt really great with my son got up look at husband told him he's not due until 27th and it's only 26th but we went to hosp and sure enough that evening we had son. My daughter that was another story another day for that. Ok you can go rest Kim now that we all know your all right hug the three babies and tell them hi.

Rita Jean

• Hi,

im kas, and im proud to say tat kim has given birth to our son Ryan van de Lest on october 1e at 07:33 he's 2970gr heavy and 50cm long!!
    We are back home now but it wil take a little time before Kim herself can go on the internet so i'm just placing tis message and leave the rest to show up to kim

greatings Kim, Kas, Ryan and the beasts

• Houston

Kas, Kim and all the beasts..what a happy October 1st for all of you..Wonderful news. It brought tears to my eyesโ€ฆ
    Ryan, what a pretty name..hope Kim and him are doing well, and you know that we are desperately wanting pictures..
    Take care, rest up and check back with us soon.

• Congrats to you all! Welcome to the world and to this forum Ryan! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Congratulations Kim and Kas, welcome to the world little Ryan.
    What happy news, take care all of you Human, canine and feline ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• First Basenji's

Congrats! I hope you are all doing well!

• So happy to hear this great news. A son so special and a grand name it is. Can hardly wait to see pictures of new son and all of the family. Want to know how Kim and baby are doing and how the beasts looked when they seen the baby. Well for now Congratulations Kim, Kas, Ryan and Beasts. Thank you for letting us all know. Enjoy.

Rita Jean

• Congratulations, "Daddy"!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Wonderful news! Give her our best and we look forward to hearing more from you when you can! Maybe a picture?? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Oh, what a great and special news! Congratulations to little Ryan, he has amazing birth date and he will ahve supr life for sure. Warmest greetings to proud parents!

• Great news. Congratulations to you all :D! Wish the best to little Ryan :).

• Oh, Congratulations!!! I am so thrilled for both of you ๐Ÿ™‚ Send all our best to Kim and, welcome to the world, Ryan ๐Ÿ™‚

• Wonderful newsโ€ฆcongrats Kas & Kim...and welcome Ryan! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Yes, pics when you can, please...:):)

• I am so glad to read this. I haven't been here in a while, just stopped back by, and saw this news.

Congratulations, and I am so glad to hear that all went well, and mother and baby are at home with the rest of their 'pack'

Welcome to Basenji Forums, little Ryan, we can't wait to see you!

• Congratulations! What terrific news. Best wishes and much happiness to all of youโ€ฆespecially to baby Ryan. Can't wait to see pictures!

Pat

• Wonderful news Kas. Thanks for sharing it with us. With tears of joy in my eyes I send the happiest of thoughts, prayers, and congratulations to your lovely family.

What an honor to have another new global forum member (by proxy). ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Welcome to the world Ryan.

• I can tell you all that pictures will be here soon ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

and also here : a big kiss to the whole family vd Lest ๐Ÿ™‚

• Congratulations - and good luck in the future.

• WOOOOW Thank you all so much for your nice and very sweet comments!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Here I am again ๐Ÿ˜ƒ With a complete update!

Wednesday, in the evening I got the first signs of going into labor.
    We called the midwife and she came by to check me (she lives almost next door!)
    We had to call her when the contractions were there within 4 minuts.
    She thought that would be in te morning and adviced to go to sleep if that was possible. hahaha Well.. after two hours the contractions were within the 4 minuts and we had to call her again.
    She came by again and she told us to be at the hospital at 05.30 (or earlier when we wanted to)
    At 5 we arrived there and a very sweet nurse took care of us (cup of thea and coffee, a bit talking etc) and at 5.30 the midwife arrived at the hospital.
    She broke my water and after that.. :eek: the contractions became very very painful.
    At 7, I started to push!!! (that's very fast) at 07.33 the little man arrived!!
    The needed to make an incision because I couln't get him out by myselfe. (I was way to narrow)

At 12.00 We arrived at home! My parents arrived at our home at wednesday night, my mom looked after the pups.
    We put the little cradle on our bed and let it all happen.
    First Buana, he put his head near Ryan's head and smelled him totally..
    He stopped, looked at us and almost told us "yes mommy, daddy.. thats my little brother.. I will take care of him okay!" and he put his head again next to Ryan and gave him a very sweet ear wash ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Then Chafuko, he stood there, tail wagging and his ears put down to say "i'm not scary" ๐Ÿ™‚ he immediately gave him a very big kiss on his little head.. :p
    Hailey was a bit carefull, she did not want to put her whole head into the cradle but when Kas put his hand in the cradle too, she sniffed the little guy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    All three of them are very crazy about him, we did not thought it would be SO great!

It seems they take care of him, when he is asleep and we are in the living room with the babyphone, and he starts crying the dogs listen.
    When he cryes "false" they don't react but when he really cryes, Buana runs to us and put his paws against us and look at us to tell "hey do you hear my brother?????"

Really cool is when there are people on a visit (my parents, my grandmother, the midwife or maternity women) and they are busy with the baby, there always is one dog that keeps an eye on them!
    Not on a dominant way but they just be in the area and look after their brother.
    Also when I feed him, they like to lie next to "us" in the bed.
    They just go to sleep or lie their heads that way they can look what I'm doing.

A few times a day, they just want to have some contact with their brother and like they do with eachother, lick his ears and his little handsโ€ฆ

It's sooo sweet and I never could imagine the doggies are SO proud on their new brother...
    And we are too

The pictures of the real first reaction of what I describe will come soon. (they are on my mothers camera and I don't have them yet)

Here some of our pics: Enjoy!

The front of his birth cardโ€ฆ
    At the back we also put a little tekst:
    (translated in English)
    Dogpeople, with all of our heart,
    what we're always will be
    A little human-puppy is added now
    In the tummy very crazy about "his" dogs
    That will promise something ๐Ÿ™‚

This is the position he had for the last 9months

Getting dressed, all of his clothes are a bit too big because he is a bit small ๐Ÿ™‚

Proud Kas

Hello little brother

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Little Ryan react on the B's ๐Ÿ™‚

Buana gives a hug

It's nice you come for a visit but we WILL be watching you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    This is my grandmother with Ryan ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested Topics