• I'm lying in my bed at the moment and Tillo is lying next to me on the floor. He's a sleep, but started to howl/yodel just 5 min ago.. He looked at me (but didn't really see me) and went back to sleep.. I've heard him making funny noises before, but a real long howl??? 😕No…

I think he maybe had too much to do this weekend. 😉 Have your pups ever howled in their sleep?

• OMG…how appropriate is this thread. Liyah JUST did this this morning around 4am!! She has never done it before.

She did 3 little yodels and then was silent. It made me laugh because it was so cute. She must have been having fun in her dream. 🙂

• Maybe it's full moon 😃

We were also guessing Tillo was probably still chasing after the lure.. 😉

• Every now and then Kananga will pass gas in his sleep, but never a yodel. 😞

• Hansel "talks" in his sleep all the time!!! he will whimper, snore, yelp, and kind of "chase" (he moves his legs a little) it is SO cute. I am sure it is that RASCALLY rabbit he is always trying to get but his leash is attached to a rather large slow human and he never gets to finish the chase,,, only in his dreams. 🙂

• My OJ would howl in his sleep, especially when the girls were in seaso… most of the rest of mine would "talk" now and again in their sleep, OJ was the only one that really howled... sound asleep... howling at the moon

• @tanza:

My OJ would howl in his sleep, especially when the girls were in seaso… most of the rest of mine would "talk" now and again in their sleep, OJ was the only one that really howled... sound asleep... howling at the moon

Yes, that is what I have seen too. Querk did that a couple times in the fall…and it about scared Tim and I to death...it is a creepy, erie, long howl...and he did seem to be completly asleep.

• Lycia is ridiculously active in her sleep, she will "woof", cry, "puff", growl, run - and raise the hair on her back - almost every night 😉 she has a active dream life.

• @Quercus:

Yes, that is what I have seen too. Querk did that a couple times in the fall…and it about scared Tim and I to death...it is a creepy, erie, long howl...and he did seem to be completly asleep.

Exactly… totally creepy, erie and longgggg..... The first time he did it, I didn't have a clue what the heck was going on...gggg

• @Quercus:

Jet the tri-ing does this every once in a while. Wakes everyone else up, eerie as heck. Sounds like a death howl (for lack of a better discription). My others haven't done this.

• Ellie will howl in her sleep from time to time – very eerie and mournful sound.

• @Schouiffy:

Lycia is ridiculously active in her sleep, she will "woof", cry, "puff", growl, run - and raise the hair on her back - almost every night 😉 she has a active dream life.

And you're telling me this now? …ggg... there goes my good night's rest.. 😉

• @tanza:

Exactly… totally creepy, erie and longgggg..... The first time he did it, I didn't have a clue what the heck was going on...gggg

That's it! Bf and I were also looking at eachother like.. Oh my.. :eek:

• Nala only woofs and wimpers on occasion. I feel the need to wake her - as if she's having a nightmare :o…I can't even imagine a creepy, eerie, long yodel at night!:eek:

• Janneke, just saw your post. Hehe. It's nothing too loud, I just notice cause I'm always awake when it happens. She has never woken me up before… well not since she was 10 weeks old and was a little terror about going pee!! 😉

• our older male has howled in his sleep twice…he is 7 years old...its always a long death howl that scares everyone...he does not wake up...it reminds me of a "i am lost where is everybody, come find me"

Suggested Topics