• I remember doing one of those when Hanna was just 6 months old - we had won the puppy hound group and had to stay for BIS there is a lot to say about sticking around all day improving the puppies willingness to stand still.

I've judged them a time or two - it's sort of fun - a different way of looking at the dogs because you are forced to decide WHY you like one thing over another since you give a written critique of each dog. You have no voice left after a weekend but it's fun.

• Houston

Congrats. I hope today went swell as well.

• Congrats!

I hadn't heard of these, they sound interesting. I just looked on their website and they have a show coming near here in November. I might check it out.

• In November the show is at the show site that My KC uses - it's in Hutchinson MN - IF you think you want to do it - let me know and I'll tell you how it works - it's expensive to register - but you do get a title in a weekend. and 4 shows so the dogs get a lot of practice.

• At yesterday's show, Bella won the hound group at both shows but didn't do anything in the Best In Show ring. It was good experience for her though. She also earned an IABCA National and International Puppy Championship.

• Totally cool! Congrats! Do they give you the written critiques at the show or do you have to wait for them?

• The ones that I have gone to, they give them to you right there…

• @dmcarty:

In November the show is at the show site that My KC uses - it's in Hutchinson MN - IF you think you want to do it - let me know and I'll tell you how it works - it's expensive to register - but you do get a title in a weekend. and 4 shows so the dogs get a lot of practice.

Thanks. I just looked and the Chicagoland hound specialty is unfortunately the same weekend. Hopefully they'll be back in the same area next year. I'm guessing it might be better to wait and do something like this when she's more mature? I'm guessing the critiques would be more meaningful, perhaps.

• You get them that day. My mom is going to try to scan them in for me so I can give deciphering the handwriting a shot.

• When I judge them I talk to the exhibitors while doing it so they can ask questions. That's how it was done for me when I first showed a bloodhound - I find it quite a bit better than sending them off with barely legible scribbles. Everyone does it differently and I sometimes am the only one doing it that way.

If you get a puppy title - you have to do it all again after a year or 18 months depending on the adult size of the breed. (bigger the breed older they need to be)

Actually it is a great place for dogs with little experience and a lot of people start their puppies there - or get a special ready for upcoming shows - just because you are examined a lot.

• The first two judges talked to her while they wrote their critique so she is more certain of what they wrote. The second two judges did not so she is not sure about some of what they wrote.

• Way to go Bella! 🙂

• WTG Bella! Congrats to all! Any photos to share?

• She did get photos taken. I don't know when she will get them though.

Suggested Topics