• I just thought I would post a brag 🙂 One of the puppies from our first litter had a spectacular weekend. Ch. Taji's Rayne-Carnation JC was BOB at the Evergreen Basenji Club Specialty. I think Katie said this was the 12th show she has been entered in, and she won BOB over something like 130 other dogs! (corrected to be entry of 93 dogs 🙂 , I must have miss heard the message!!)

Rayne is bred, owned and shown by Katie Campbell, and lovingly co-owned by Leslie Erickson. I can't really take any credit for this litter (other than whelping and raising for eight weeks), but I am so thrilled it is working out so well.

I KNEW that the little tri girl we called "Trike" would be the show girl…she just sparkled right from the beginning....everyone said 'don't you want to keep the tri girl?'....really, the last thing I needed at that time was another bitch....but I am so happy she has a wonderful home and the opportunity for a great show career.

• @Quercus:

I can't really take any credit for this litter (other than whelping and raising for eight weeks), but I am so thrilled it is working out so well.

That is really great! Our specialty was only 43, that sure is a lot basenjis. And major kudos to you too…I'm sure your part was critical for her success.

• Wow, definitely something to be proud of! Congrats! 😃

• You had a bigger impact then you know!! Congrats! you should be very proud!

• Congrats! Great weekend for Rayne.

• Congratulations to Rayne, you are right to be proud as her breeder 🙂

• @Nemo:

That is really great! Our specialty was only 43, that sure is a lot basenjis. And major kudos to you too…I'm sure your part was critical for her success.

I checked the specialty numbers 'cause 130 did seem like a huge number for a regional specialty. I think she may have been counting how many dogs she beat since her show career started. There were 93 dogs entered in EBC specialty…still a great number 🙂

• Congratulations Rayne!

• Thanks everybody 🙂

• WOW! okay, now we need pictures.

• Congrats Andrea! I'm sure she's a lovely bitch, can't wait to meet her. Certainly a nice start to what I'm sure will be a great career. 🙂

• Congrats Andrea!

Suggested Topics