• I don't think that anyone from the states would be able to tell you that, at least I know that I can not…. maybe someone from Europe that has recently purchased a pup would give you an idea...

• Have you contacted the Finnish club to ask them ?? I found most of the breeders there to be very helpful. Last year I purchased my pup on the mainland for a little over a thousand Euros, which is pretty standard to my knowledge. Janneke is closer to you, she might have a good estimate.

• Be sure to share photos when you finally find your tri.

• Prices will probably be no less then a thousand euros. That's what a b-puppy will cost in the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden. Don't know about Finland though.

Btw.. I think Klassic's Daydream Believer is a real looker!

• @eoy:

I'm in the process of choosing a breeder, and because I'm 100% set on getting a tri girl I'm somewhat limited.

Hi Eoy. I too was set on a tri but didn't end up with one. I truly hope you find a wonderful tri female, but don't sacrifice other important things for coat color - you might miss out on a really cool B. I promise you will adore your basenji, no matter what color she is, especially if she is your first! Best wishes for a painless search!

• You will come to love any color, I promise you. And any Klassic dog will be lovely, and Sue's line is full of tris!
    Good luck on your quest.

• I have no doubt that Marjukka would be easy for you to talk to and I believe her puppies go for the 'average' for her area.
    Her dogs are all completely tested and all within the parameters that Finnish breeders must follow.

I second that, do not limit yourself to a particular color… you might miss out on a great puppy!

• Just as an update, I've been in contact with Marjukka and hopefully I'll be getting a tri girl this winter. I was also at my first basenji show today, and Klassic's Daydream Believer (Faruk) came first, not only in his group but overall (sorry I don't know the correct terms).

I hope to be able to post some pictures here in some months 🙂

• @eoy:

Just as an update, I've been in contact with Marjukka and hopefully I'll be getting a tri girl this winter. I was also at my first basenji show today, and Klassic's Daydream Believer (Faruk) came first, not only in his group but overall (sorry I don't know the correct terms).

Congrats.. that is super!!!! I believe that would be called Best of Breed for Faruk

• @eoy:

Just as an update, I've been in contact with Marjukka and hopefully I'll be getting a tri girl this winter. I was also at my first basenji show today, and Klassic's Daydream Believer (Faruk) came first, not only in his group but overall (sorry I don't know the correct terms).

Good for you! Can't wait to see puppy pics in a couple of months!!

And Faruk is a really nice male!

Suggested Topics