What does your basenji like to 'sing' to?

• Finaly managed to view it, had to go on internet explorer instead of aol.
    Have never heard Basenjis so loud 🙂 Our big Dog Max ran outside when he heard them 🙂

• God Bless America does it for Abbey!!

• Marley-mutt never seems to sing along to anything 😞

He does the whole head twitch listening thing when the Countdown clock is on but never a peep!

• My 10 month old girl Shaye has not yet found her voice - but Gemma, the 16 month old Basenji mix I got so she'd have company, has. She barks, yodels and barroos - I have no idea how to make her do it, but when they are playing, she does it when she isn't getting her own way. Sounds so cute, I wish Shaye would start!

• Houston

Shaye's mom,
    I am with you, I wish Otis would do it as well…but nope nothing. Our foster, Dotty, did it for the first time thursday night, and I love it...Otis just looks at her like she is sick or something..and walks away..

• My B's stand in front of the TV and listen when the Law & Order music comes on..
    Also any of the Harry Potter openning….and when I listen to Jethro Tull that really interest them.....I have a mixed bag of B's

• Right now - the last few days - Brando loves to sing to his girls Aaliyah and Ruby. Aaliyah is in heat, and he is singing up a storm. :D:eek: I have a bunch of videos and voice recordings of him…he's too much.

We're only on day 8 of Liyah's season...not that I'm counting. :D:rolleyes::eek:

• Was just looking at the Basenji vids on youtube again. AJ started to sing, but I raised my arm to put it behind my head and AJ ducked and flinched hard like I was going to clop him! DURN!!! DOUBLE DURN!!! Thought I got him over that!

He thought he was going to get hit for singing! I've always praised him and given him cookies for singing… Guess I still have more work to do.:(

Sure is hard to erase 5 years of past. Now I'm bummed

• Houston

Soory to hear about AJ's flinching.. I guess I would praise him as much as I could and maybe sing along in a silly basenji way to encourage and let him know that it is OK and that you want him to sing..poor baby..it is hard to erase the past..

I wish Otis would sing, he just doesn't.

• Poor AJ, it breaks your heart to think there are people who would hit a Dog for singing 😞

• AJsHuman…just keep at it. The trust must be earned and, despite the appearance of it, it may not be there just yet. All you can do is keep at it. Years come to mind, but, push come to shove, right now, you've got a dog that would protect you and your property from any interloper, human or otherwise. I.E. he loves you but is being a dog/animal, protecting himself when there is even the slightest of doubt. That's how they survive in the wild. And, let's face it, Basenjis don't have the centuries of domestication (modern world) that other breeds do.

• @thunderbird8588:

Poor AJ, it breaks your heart to think there are people who would hit a Dog for singing 😞

I second that. I just don't understand some people (not that I'd want to). :mad:
    But it's great that he has someone like you now. 🙂

Rocco is not only a singer, I have discovered that he is a 'smiler' too. 😃
    I have noticed a lot of head turning to the 'Mazuma Mobile' advert, but no howling as of yet.

• YAY!!!!!!:D 😃 😃

I put the vid back up and he started singing as soon as it started!!!

Wagging his tail with his back feet on the passenger seat and his front feet on the driver seat sining in my face!!! YAY!!!

What I'm happiest about is I think he finally knows he's not going to get whacked:)

• How wonderful! You and AJ are definitely developing a wonderful loving bond that will last a lifetime!

Here's to much joyful singing while you are running on down the road

• Houston

Awesome news.. I am glad he knows he can trust you won't hurt him..great feeling..:)

Suggested Topics