• Last week we received the test swabs from the OFA and this morning we took the test!

Smart and awake as we were, we put Buana?s stuff on the card with Chafuko?s name… :eek:
    We?re glad we could change the sticker easily... :rolleyes:
    We sure took enouch saliva of both but the purple circle became only a little bit white... (they say it has to become whitish not white)
    We sure we took really enough..
    We brought the whole packet to the post office, so we knew for sure it's taken good care of.

So, now we have to wait...
    That's really the difficult part... both parents of the boys are tested clear but it's exciting!

• The waiting is the hard part! I posted another 2 off last week. I'm not quite as nervous as I was last time although I do still feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! 😃

• Check on their website under your account as it will tell you when they have received it and the test results. You should have had an account set up when you paid on line. The results will also be mailed to you as a certificate. It took about 5 days for mine to arrive from CA and by the 11th the results were posted in the account.

• @nobarkus:

Check on their website under your account as it will tell you when they have received it and the test results. You should have had an account set up when you paid on line. The results will also be mailed to you as a certificate. It took about 5 days for mine to arrive from CA and by the 11th the results were posted in the account.

Thanks!

There is an account, I checked it to see if the test were send off to me 🙂
    The postman said to us, it costs a few days to arrive at OFA.. (he thought it could last over a week :eek: thanks to the dutch mail service)

• Ofa received our swabs!!

Now it?s waiting for the results!

• Houston

Cool, the wait sucks, but it will be done in no time..we got Otis' results back in about 2 weeks..so not to long..

• What is OFA? I hope this is a good thing you guys sound excited about it. 🙂

• @jinxed_1980:

What is OFA? I hope this is a good thing you guys sound excited about it. 🙂

Orthopedic Foundation for Animals http://www.offa.org/

The Fanconi test kits are handled through OFA and the results are posted on their website. They also handle a lot of other health testing for dogs. It's a handy site if you are getting a puppy as you can research the health history of the sire and dam and their pedigrees.

• @jinxed_1980:

What is OFA? I hope this is a good thing you guys sound excited about it. 🙂

And OFA is the place were all Fanconi test results are posted. Information on Fanconi is www.basenjihealth.org
    Anyone breeding needs to be testing their Basenjis "before" breeding….. there is no excuse to ever produce another Fanconi Affected pup

Suggested Topics