• I heard on the Nightly News last night that sales of Portuguese Water dogs are up 100% according to the Wall Street Journal. I am SO glad the Obama's did not get a basenji!

• Yea, thank God! A Basenji would run the White House. You could see TV shots of it doing the B-500 around the place.

• Our queen Juliana used to have a basenji, and it didnt get a run on basenjis in the Netherlands, as well as it never does when an important person gets a certain dog, our queen Beatrix used to have a border terrier and it didnt make that breed more popular either, I think dutch people are too sober for such things, allthough chihuahuas are a hype here at the moment >sugh<

• About 2 weeks ago I all ready did the email thing to Obama asking him were he was going to set up the resuce for Portguese Water Dog. I also ask how much money he was going to give to it since he made such a big deal out of the dog and the kind. I told them there would be lots of them need homes with in less than a year. Never heard anything back.

Rita Jean

• ibi n sane forgot to say happy Dutch people have their heads on right we Americans are nuts most of the time if you have it I want it. You wear it I will to.

Rita Jean

• @Rita:

ibi n sane forgot to say happy Dutch people have their heads on right we Americans are nuts most of the time if you have it I want it. You wear it I will to.

Rita Jean

Yep, look what's happened with the poor Pit Bull. Every thug wants/ has one to make into a weapon.

• This has happen to Pit your right, Rot, Akita, Shepard, Chow. All good dogs it's who and what owns them.

Rita Jean

• well we have a lot of nuts dutch people too you know….
    like most people over here still think that a collie is a "lassie" and that makes a shetland sheepdog a "mini-lassie" and that chihuahuas are fashion toys 😞
    and I think what happened to the pittbul is worldwide at not only in the USA, here in the Netherlands it was because of this that pitbulls and pitbull like dogs without a pedigree that stated it was another breed ( am staff for example ) were forbidden and could get conviscated and put down to sleep!! fortunately this law isnt here anymore, as the people who abused pittbulls and made them into weapons easily use another breed that isnt forbidden by law.....

what happened to the chow over there? I know there is something with the chow in the USA but I actually dont understand what, can somebody explain me please?

• Chow was used in the same way as a pit. People made them mean sometimes as guard dog but in bad way. I love Chows but they have a real bad name some of our insurance companys will not insure you if have Pit, Rot, Akita, German Shepard or Chow. Really to bad they are all great dogs its the owners not the dog.
    This is our third akita over the years they have been lovers. Jyacee our B came in as a puppy he loves her funny to see the akita and he is a long hair at that at 140 lbs with this little red and white beside him. Our akita even cleans the face on our daughters cat not sure cat likes it but she takes it really well.
    I have never brought a older male dog into our home with the akita I am sure he would do all right but I would really worry they may not like him and he is to big not to like.
    Really funny people look at us when we are walking Jaycee the B, Spice the Shiba and Sterling the Akita. You do not see any of these three here were we live. Have you always lived in the Netherlands? I've never been out of the States but been to all of the states almost.
    Rita Jean

• These dogs that also gets bad raps from temperament problems also come from puppymill and back yard breeders… pure for profit is their only concern.... add to that not caring who buys them or if that is a proper home for that dog

• @Rita:

Have you always lived in the Netherlands? I've never been out of the States but been to all of the states almost.
    Rita Jean

thank you for your reply on the chows, I am happy here in the netherlands certain people dont think about chosing a chow for a fighting dog !

and yws I have always lived in the Netherlands, been to england, luxembourg, france, spain, italy, norway, sweden, germany, belgium and australia ( sydney and melbourne ) and hope to go to Tokyo and the States one day soon !
    but I am not sure which State I prefer to go first 😕

• @tanza:

These dogs that also gets bad raps from temperament problems also come from puppymill and back yard breeders… pure for profit is their only concern.... add to that not caring who buys them or if that is a proper home for that dog

yes I totally agree, those puppymills and back yard breeders should be forbidden !

• You have to come to Kansas. Have you ever watched the movie with Judy Garland. Kansas is the state somewere over the Rainbow. This Todo Land. (Not sure speed his name correct).

Rita Jean

• LOL, i love your comment Nobarkus about a Basenji running the White House. What a thought, perhaps we could do with one in Downing street, i'm sure it would make a better job.
    I didn't realise Queen Juliana had a Basenji ibi n sane. Our queen has Corgis which i dont think are very popular Dogs here.

• @Rita:

You have to come to Kansas. Have you ever watched the movie with Judy Garland. Kansas is the state somewere over the Rainbow. This Todo Land. (Not sure speed his name correct).

Rita Jean

hmz maybe you can gice me the tilte of that movie?
    Kansas , what will there be to do for dutch tourists like us? 🙂

• @thunderbird8588:

I didn't realise Queen Juliana had a Basenji ibi n sane. Our queen has Corgis which i dont think are very popular Dogs here.

here a picture of Queen Juliana with her basenji Zarah ( or Sarah, i am not sure ) she imported it from the UK, it is , by the way, a cover of a french magazine 😃

• ibi n sane the movie of course is The Wizard Of Oz with Judy Garland. I watch this growing up. Google the movie.

Rita Jean

• @ibi_n_sane:

here a picture of Queen Juliana with her basenji Zarah ( or Sarah, i am not sure ) she imported it from the UK, it is , by the way, a cover of a french magazine 😃

🙂 Very cool!

• @Rita:

ibi n sane the movie of course is The Wizard Of Oz with Judy Garland. I watch this growing up. Google the movie.

Rita Jean

ahh I have seen that too, AGES ago 🙂 funny coinsedence, I was talking to my boyfriend the other day about the wizard of oz, that is has been so long ago for me and could not remember what it was about, I could only remember the characters 😃

• See just follow that yellow brick road right on over here to Kansas. Happy 4th of July.

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics