• Yesterday late afternoon, we dared to drive to one of our favorite beach parts. "Dared" because right now, the tourist season has begun and usually you are not allowed to have the dogs off leash at the beach….

Please follow the link to the picture album... http://www.seelenfreund.dk/gallery/index.html#53.0

Regards,

Esther

• I see no tourists!! 🙂

What a wonderfully deserted beach and lovely photos. 🙂

• @Benkura:

I see no tourists!! 🙂

This is exactley, why we love THIS part of the beach. Most of the bad "T's" don't find it, because the access is not directley besides the street…. 😉

I know in Oban you have more rocks 😃

Regards,
    Esther

• @soulmate:

This is exactley, why we love THIS part of the beach. Most of the bad "T's" don't find it, because the access is not directley besides the street…. 😉

I know in Oban you have more rocks 😃

Regards,
    Esther

Have you been to Oban? There is a couple of small sandy beaches a mile or so away (Ganavan) but they are FULL of tourists.

We now live 15 miles away from Oban near Inverawe Smokehouses. Do you know it? We live near a river but no beaches, just lots of mountains and midges!! 🙂

• I have been there, but it is a long time ago. About 20 Years or so… I can remember the Animal park a little outside of Oban, where they have had a female big deer, approaching the people and even doing little trips downtown...and I can also remember those very huge, aggressive Doves....

I am not sure if I was around the Invrawe Smokehouses, but we have been in the Highlands for three weeks with a Autocamper and have been driving a lot around in Scotland, Ile of Skye and I think Mona...(this very tiny island where all the ancient Kings have been burried). I would really love to get back to Scotland one day. But first I have to get the Rabbies Titer for all the dogs...

Regards,
    Esther

• Hi Soulmate.

The 'doves' are seagulls!! Or 'Sh!te hawks' as we call them here LOL!!
    The island with all the monks buried is Iona. It's just off the Isle of Mull and you get the ferry there from Oban.

Unfortunately, the animal park you refer to (Oban Rare Breeds) has now closed down. It is greatly missed. We went every year around Spring to see all the new babies.

I think you'd hardly recognise Oban anymore it has changed so much in the past 20 years. Although McCaig's tower is still there!

I know it is difficult bringing dogs to UK. I would like to take my bitch to the continent but this year left it too late for her Pet Passport.

If you do make it to Scotland you must let me know and come and visit.

• What lovely pictures, the dogs look as if they are having a great time!

• Beautiful place for the walking with dogs 🆒.

I love this one http://www.seelenfreund.dk/gallery/index.html#53.27

• Thanks to all, yes, the dogs love their quality time at the beach. Unfortunately we are breaking laws when we allow them to be on the beach without leash during the time from 1.4. till 30.9. but to be honest, I don't care. We are at the beach either really early in the morning, when the most of the people are still sleeping or late in the evening, when they are back home already.

Regards,
    Esther

• To have such lovely dogs and places to take them!!!

I'm jealous

• Wow, what a great place for basenjis!! Lovely pics!

Suggested Topics