• Any up-dates re Keoki?

• Hi Vicki -

We actually have Keoki with us right now. He has been here since Sunday and we are making sure that he and Kona get along ok. Everything is going well so far! He is such a sweet dog and very well behaved. We will keep you all posted.

Lisa

• Houston

Lisa, That is great news. Let us know how Keoki and Kona is doing, it sounds as if they might become good friends…for life.

• @Kona:

Hi Vicki -

We actually have Keoki with us right now. He has been here since Sunday and we are making sure that he and Kona get along ok. Everything is going well so far! He is such a sweet dog and very well behaved. We will keep you all posted.

Lisa

Oh how wonderful! I hope that this works out great for all involved. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

• I'm so glad they are getting along, Lisa! Even if he is put off by her energy, Kona is such a sweet girl he will soon tolerate her antics. And we need a "well behaved dog" in our Sunday dog park gang!!

Anne

• Lisa - Bless your heart.
    I'm so happy you have Keoki with you.

• Thanks everyone. We are really enjoying Keoki. If anyone has any advice on bringing a new B home that is a few years older than the first one, we would appreciate it. Kona wants to play all the time (she is about 18 months) and Keoki (6) isn't that interested. We are trying to teach Kona to leave him alone, but she isn't responding that well yet. Any advice?

• @Kona:

Thanks everyone. We are really enjoying Keoki. If anyone has any advice on bringing a new B home that is a few years older than the first one, we would appreciate it. Kona wants to play all the time (she is about 18 months) and Keoki (6) isn't that interested. We are trying to teach Kona to leave him alone, but she isn't responding that well yet. Any advice?

I think you need to mostly leave them to figure it out…. unless it gets way to intense.... but I am sure others will have better advise for you, especially Sharron

• our first b was jonny, age 2. our next was HAnsel. he is 5. we see some of the same with jonny wanting to play. HAnsel just kind of ignores him sometimes. but they do play a lot and most of the time in good fun. i dont let them get wild in the house. when they start in i take them out to play. they get it out of their system they come back in. some times HAnsel starts it. i dont ever let them get to the angry stage. they either quit or stay out side until they are calm. they seem to work it out them selves. we also will kennel them if they dont get calm after playing. that works too.

• Keoki has been an only dog so it may take him a while to decide to play…or he may never be as playful. At this stage, just tolerating each other is pretty good! Sometimes it's "love at first sight", other times a pair may just be "roommates" who keep each other company and play occasionally. Like Pat said, it's usually best if they work it out (as long as they are not fighting!). It can take six months for a new relationship to settle.

• @MacPack:

Keoki has been an only dog so it may take him a while to decide to play…or he may never be as playful. At this stage, just tolerating each other is pretty good! Sometimes it's "love at first sight", other times a pair may just be "roommates" who keep each other company and play occasionally. Like Pat said, it's usually best if they work it out (as long as they are not fighting!). It can take six months for a new relationship to settle.

Great advise….

• Hi everyone! It is official! Keoki is a permanent part of our family. We are so excited to have him with us. The funny part was after we made our decision last night it was like a switch flipped between him and Kona. The slept curled up to each other last night, and shared the bed in the sunny spot this morning. Before that they slept on opposite ends of the bed and would not share the sunny spot with each other. As soon as I can figure out how, I will post some pictures and change my avatar.

• Houston

Awesome news. I am so happy for Kona and y'all, and of course for Keoki. Very good news.

• I always thought they were telepathic!

Seriously, he may have picked up on your feelings of uncertainty, then felt the switch to "he's ours" last night.

• I am doing a genuine happy dance for you and Keoki and Kona too! If I could baroo with joy like my pup does, I would. You will have to settle for the dancing, though, lol.

It is so great to hear these happy endings. Thanks so much to you for opening your hearts and home.

• 🙂 This is such happy news. Good for you!

• Yay! That is adorable that they snuggled together…great news!

• I swear they can read our minds - wonderful that Keoki and Kona are forever friends - even the names sound like they were meant to be together. So glad you took him in.

• Houston

I agree with Shaye'sMom, they sound like they were meant for each other…even their names.

• I love happy endings. Bless your heart for giving Keoki a home.

Suggested Topics