Forum Dinner at the Specialty

• Yeah, I saw that too and was thinking the same thing. I kinda wanted to stick around and see it to see what new things I could learn, and to see more dogs. 🙂

Andrea, yes I work 2nd shift. Getting ready to head to work now. lol

• Hi Andrea & Kelli,

I just saw that e-mail from Carole and I'm sure Carrie and I would be interested in that for sure. Do you think we could swing a 5PM dinner?

• I would think we could do that. It's sweeps day so I don't think the show will drag on too late into the afternoon. I would bet things would be wrapped up in time to go have dinner by 5. Although there's the Af Ex too, so we might have to play things by ear. There's only a handful of us that are going right? We could probably meet up after the show and make a decision then if we have time?

• Yeah I think I may need to get a little e-mail group list going and send people my & Carrie's cell phone # in case it comes together last minute. I need to figure out what our group is looking like though so I can get Alex to send everyone my e-mail address….

From looking through really quickly (and I mean really, I'm at work…) it looks like there are positive responses from:

RedVelvetLinx
    Nemo
    Kiroja
    renault 1 (maybe, right?)
    Quercus
    Borbasuk
    Yodeldogs
    Carrie
    SenjiSHowGirl

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Gosh it seems like there are a lot of members staying at the horsepark. I'll almost want to post a little sign that says "Yodeldogs, Maui and Carrie camping here!"

I am just back from SF and I got to go meet Tanza and "talk basenji" for a bit (My mom said it sounded like another language). It's really fun to meet forum members so I'm really looking forward to this dinner.

• It was fun to meet you too…. and glad that you could stop by for a visit.. and yes... most "non" dog people think we talk another language..gggg

Have fun and good luck to all of you going to the Nationals.. and those of you take a PC.... be sure to jump on line and let us that are staying home know what is happening!!!!

• Well Senjishowgirl and I will be there. I'm sure you know how to find my email and I'd be happy to give you my cell. Once the judging schedule comes out, we can guestimate times. That should give us a good idea if a 5pm dinner would work. We can always meet up at the end of the classes that day to confirm everyone's a go before heading to the restaurant. Just in case timing is off.

• I'm trying to figure out a way to go.
    Rob is a teacher, and this coincides right with the start of the school year, so I would be going alone. The dogs would stay home with their daddy. This would be just for me.

Is anyone interested in splitting a room at the hotel? If not, does anyone know if there is tent camping at the Horsepark, or is the camping RV only?
    Anyone coming from Chicagoland want to carpool?

• Nicole
      Katie, Petey and the cats

• @nkjvcjs:

I'm trying to figure out a way to go.
    Rob is a teacher, and this coincides right with the start of the school year, so I would be going alone. The dogs would stay home with their daddy. This would be just for me.

Is anyone interested in splitting a room at the hotel? If not, does anyone know if there is tent camping at the Horsepark, or is the camping RV only?
    Anyone coming from Chicagoland want to carpool?

• Nicole

As an FYI I'll be driving down through Chicago on Tuesday (coming back on Sunday) on my way there, if you want to carpool or drive separately in a "basenji caravan". I'll be staying at the event hotel though.

• Nicole, I hope you can make it! Yes there is tent camping at the horse park. That's what we're doing. I will be coming straight down 75 so I won't be of much help in carpooling, plus I won't have an extra seat anyways. lol But you are more than welcome to come camp at our site to help share expenses. We are staying Tues through Fri, so we have to leave before the show is over. You could see if they can give you the site after we leave if you're planning to stay longer. We're in site 63 if you need to give them a call.

Good luck!

• Okay. I signed up for the banquet, and bought my T-shirt.

Clay, I need to figure out if I can get from the Hotel to the Horsepark easily, and if so, I will definitely take you up on the carpool. Lexington appears to have public transportation, so I think I should be able to find my way. What time do you think you will be coming through Chicago on Tuesday?

Kelli, I will take you up on splitting the campsite while you are there. I have to call tomorrow to see if I can keep the site when you leave, but if not, I am sure I will find somewhere to crash.

This will be my first vacation without Rob in over 10 years! I'm a little scared, but I'm excited too.

Count me in for the Forum Dinner!

-Nicole

• @nkjvcjs:

Okay. I signed up for the banquet, and bought my T-shirt.

Clay, I need to figure out if I can get from the Hotel to the Horsepark easily, and if so, I will definitely take you up on the carpool. Lexington appears to have public transportation, so I think I should be able to find my way. What time do you think you will be coming through Chicago on Tuesday?

Kelli, I will take you up on splitting the campsite while you are there. I have to call tomorrow to see if I can keep the site when you leave, but if not, I am sure I will find somewhere to crash.

This will be my first vacation without Rob in over 10 years! I'm a little scared, but I'm excited too.

Count me in for the Forum Dinner!

-Nicole

I was thinking to be down near Chicago around lunch time, but I could leave earlier too if that works out better. I can have Alex send you my email address if you want to talk more details. The sites are only 5 miles apart so I should be able to help get you around if you can't find a ride with someone from the horsepark. All I have to worry about is getting Zoni to the ring on time on Thursday and Saturday.

I would be cool to have someone to carpool with…I don't like the thought of driving that far by myself. Zoni isn't much for conversation....:p

• Sounds good Nicole! We can email for the details. Hopefully things work out between you and Nemo for transportation. Best I can offer there is maybe a spot on the floor next to the crates once we've set up the tent and unpacked the van some. lol

• Lunchtime Tuesday is perfect. That way I don't have to miss my lab's group meeting in the morning.

Yeah, have Alex send me your contact info, and I will have her send mine to you so we can plan this out.

This looks like it is going to be fun!

-Nicole

• @kiroja:

Sounds good Nicole! We can email for the details. Hopefully things work out between you and Nemo for transportation. Best I can offer there is maybe a spot on the floor next to the crates once we've set up the tent and unpacked the van some. lol

Spot on the floor is all I need. I have a little one-man tent, a backpack and a sleeping bag, so I will be all good! Thanks so much.

-Nicole

• I looked at the judging program…starting at 8:30, Wanda has 99 dogs to judge with a 45 min lunch break, then an hour break before the African Exhibition (28 dogs) and the parade of titleholders (5 dogs). I've never watched Wanda judge so I don't know if she is fast or slow.... I'm guessing we'd be done by 4ish, maybe 5ish if things drag along? And the breeder seminar is at 7? If we eat someplace pretty close that should be doable.

• Yes, I was looking at that a few days ago and was thinking the same thing. Our 5pm dinner should work perfectly. I would think that is a very generous estimation, and I bet they will be done by 4pm. That should give us enough time to take care of dogs and meet up for dinner.

• Knowing Wanda…I would say she probably is a pretty, darn efficient judge 🙂

• Hey guys,

So recent developments on our end down here in Atlanta. Things are rather up in the air for me and whether I can even go to the Specialty. I may end up having to come up Friday afternoon. I was asking too much with regards to time off work. I forgot to bring it up until this week (which was dumb) and me working a day and a half next week didn't go over quite so well.

So my dogs are entered to course on Wednesday. Liz currently has the flu, I don't know if she'll be better to take them by herself. As of this morning she was in baaaaaaaaad shape.
    Carrie offered to take my dogs coursing (b/c she's the bestest friend in the world) but then she would have to take my van on Tuesday but I can't drive her car because it's a stick. And I don't know how I'd get myself to Lexington on Friday.
    Also Carrie was planning to drive up with Robyn with the 2 of them and 6 basenjis in Robyn's van. I don't know if Carrie can actually take my dogs then….

But regardless, Carrie and I will find a place for dinner, somewhere inexpensive and close to the Marriot and she will orchestrate it, hopefully with Robyn's help.
    I'm sure I will run into some of you when/if I come up on Friday.

• @Quercus:

Knowing Wanda…I would say she probably is a pretty, darn efficient judge 🙂

LOL…I bet you are right.

• Aww, sorry to hear that Nicki! I hope things resolve themselves a little and you can make it, for whatever time you can. I know I live in the opposite direction so can't help with travels at all, but if your dogs can find their way up here with someone, I would be happy to help care for them and help out at the lure trials. Just tell Carrie and Robyn to grab me whenever needed! lol And I hope Liz feels better soon!

Suggested Topics