Does anybody know of lure coursing in Texas

• no dallas area 🙂

• Well maybe we will meet at a coursing event some day.

• Texas needs more basenji lure coursing and Houston needs a new club. I haven't been able to find it unless I'm just overlooking it on the internet.

• There was lure coursing near Houston-Cat Springs, TX just last weekend. Go to gazehoundsintexas.org and click on the Lure Coursing Links at the top of the page and there will be information about joining the Region 4 Lure Coursing Yahoo Group List. There is also a list of lure coursing clubs. The Houston club is the Houston Area Hound Association.

You can also check at asfa.org and akc.org for event dates and information.

A former Houstonian who hopes to move back next year and at Houston events before they used to run at Cat Springs, I used to have the only Basenji that would be entered. This was about 6 to 8 years ago as Arnie will be 11 years old in January. I would travel to Austin-Hutto, Dallas, and Oklahoma for events with competition.

This is the time of the year for events in Texas.

Jennifer

• This weekend is the NLCC in Cat spring, next weekend is in Decatur but its a terrrible field. My dogs got totally shreded there on the cut cotton plants growing there so we won't be back. They usually have events in Dec at Cat springs and Waller, but were overcome by othere events this yr so the clubs all combined events at the beginning of the month instead. There will be coursing at Hutto the first and last weekend in March. McKinney has an event scheduled for Jan that we will attend with our 4 if the weather is good enought to make the 8 hour drive. We will mostly be doing events in north TX this yr vs going to the Houston area. Just too expensive to drive 12 hours each way when there are enough events closer to home. 90% of the events are AKC now, the clubs have stopped doing ASFA for the most part as entries were so low.

Suggested Topics