Does anybody know of lure coursing in Texas

• Thank you, Lisa. Nayru is brand-new to me. I don't know the ins and outs of this. I also don't know if she would come back to me. LOL

I also work on Saturday so will only be there on Sunday. 😞

• Darn, I would have loved to go to the coursing - but the Belton shows conflict. I too have been trying to find coursing since we moved here. I have 2 kids with their JCs and one trial towards SC, and several others I would like to try coursing. Now that Wanda Pooley has moved here, maybe we can get it together and organize some practices (she has equipment!)
    BTW, word is that the Houston Basenji Club has folded. Maybe those of us in the Houston area ought to restart it!

Terry

• Houston

I would love it as well, although I have no B yet…
    Terry, as far as I know the Basenji Club here in houston has been dissolved for years..a new one would be swell..I will be in if we start a new one.

• Lots of TX coursing coming up. 6-7 Nov ASFA/AKC Cat Springs, 13 14 Nov AKC Lc in Wylie, 26-28 Nov ASFA in Decatur, 11-12 Dec ASFA in Waller,18-19 Dec AKC in Cat Springs and 31 Dec - 2 Jan ASFA/AKC in Cat Springs. We will be at the Wylie and Decatur events for sure and possibly the end of the yr event in Cat Springs if my whippet is not in season then. TX coursing runs Mar - May and Oct-Dec due to the heat.

• Houston is only 3 hours from me. 🙂

Lisa, I'll look those up. Thanks! I'm not familiar with Cat Springs. Is there anywhere to go to see a schedule with maps?

• go to this link under the premiums it lists the addresses of the various farms where they course. I have never been to cat spring either, but found it on the map slightly north west of Houston.

http://www.alamoareawhippetclub.com/AAWC/Welcome.html

• Thank you! http://www.alamoareawhippetclub.com/AAWC/Event_Schedule.html is what worked for me. I will bookmark it. Even if Nayru doesn't enjoy it, I think I would. 🙂

• Houston

So cool, I am litterally in Waller, will be going to that one for sure.

• Great. I do not think we will make Waller as there is NOTRA that weekend closer to home if the weather cooperates. If the NOTRA is cancelled we will go south.

• Could you give the location/time of the lure coursing event in Hutto on Oct. 23rd and 24th? I'm very interested in going. I'm assuming you can bring your basenji with you (on leash). He's never tried this before, so I thought it might be a good opportunity to give it a go at the end of the day on Sat. Thanks!

• Not sure what time practices will begin as they will be after the AKC Trial and JC/QC tests. Most likely 4 pm or later. If nothing else your dog will let you know if he is interested in it by watching. Hoping the equipment works better this trial than the last which had a 2 hr delay while the replaced selenoids at the very beginning.

Triple Crown Dog Academy
    200 CR 191 - Hutto, TX
    DIRECTIONS
    From San Antonio/downtown Austin:
    From I-35 North, merge onto TX-130 N (toll road). Take exit 426 to merge onto Farm to Market
    685 N toward Gattis School Rd/Co Rd 138. Go roughly one mile and turn right at Co Rd 138
    followed by a left at Co Rd 137. Proceed the 2nd left and turn onto Co Rd 197
    From Downtown Dallas/Hillsboro:
    Take I-35E south to exit 265 toward Austin (toll road] and merge onto TX-130 S. Take exit 423
    toward US-79/Taylor/Round Rock and turn left onto US-79 N/E Palm Valley Blvd. Turn right at
    Farm to Market Rd 1660 and then turn right at Co Rd 137. Finally, take the 2nd right onto Co Rd

• Well, Nayru does like to chase toys. I found two balls today and pitched them out into the minefield–I mean living room--and she POUNCED on them. 🙂 Then rolled on them for good measure. Silly girl.

• Last night our whippet tore the webbing between her two middle back toes running thru the yard, so we are going to cancel on going to Hutto now so she can have some crate rest and hopefully be back up running for next weekends ASFA trial at our home club in Lawrence, KS. The basenjis will get to run NOTRA near home this weekend as a consolation.

• Lisa, sorry to hear about your girl's injury. Here's to her fast healing. Sorry I won't meet y'all this weekend.

• I am just getting into Lure coursing and am taking my 1y/o to her first event on November 26th …. there is a 3 day regionals in Decatur, TX. Its Fri, Sat, and Sunday ... Saturday is the biggest day. We are going Friday because I want to see she my senji will run a practice to see how she does.

• We are running all 3 days in Decatur along with Linda Stillwell with her 3 so there will be plenty of basenjis to meet.

• @lisastewart:

We are running all 3 days in Decatur along with Linda Stillwell with her 3 so there will be plenty of basenjis to meet.

–----------------

I'm very excited to get my Penny into coursing and to see our first event on that Friday!

• It will be good for you to meet the club membere there and find out if they have practices scheduled over the next few months. I practice my dogs for at least 5 trials before I try them for a certification run. You want them totally comfortable with coursing and running with others before rushing. My 4 year old whippet has just started coursing this fall, she was always terrified of running with others till now. ASFA offers singles stakes for your dog to run by herself. A great way for both of you to learn about the sport.Next weekend my 2 are going to be tired as we are running 3 days this weekend in OK and all 3 next weekend. We will be down to several more trials in dec and beginning again in March when I can give you some practice runs with them. We are getting a new puppy this winter who will be our for performance socializing in March.

• Actually the woman who told me about this event and said i should go gave me you and Linda's names and emails cause you have basenjis! How funny is that. Deann Haggard. I ment her at barktoberfest last month.
    Anyways that would be really fun to do some practice runs with you. Thank you so much!

• @pennypen:

Actually the woman who told me about this event and said i should go gave me you and Linda's names and emails cause you have basenjis! How funny is that. Deann Haggard. I ment her at barktoberfest last month.
    Anyways that would be really fun to do some practice runs with you. Thank you so much!

Barktober? Are you a fellow Austinite?

Suggested Topics