Are Basenji's really destructive?

• Never had much of a problem with chewing with either of my dogs, but digging was a BIG problem with Katie. The den digging/nesting instinct is still strong with her. We have to watch her constantly. One little pin size hole with any fluff hanging out is an engraved invitation to her to un-stuff what ever she had "dug up". Couch cushions and bed comforters are the most at risk. Once she starts and appears to be having LOTS of fun, her brother Tyler has to join in:(

When Kate was young and still gated to the kitchen, dining room, and parlour areas, the DH and I made a short trip downtown (25 minutes) and came back to find the 25 pound bag of wild bird seed we left in the kitchen ripped open, strewn about the dining room, and serving as a Basenji wrestling ring mat. They were having GREAT fun:p

I guess what I'm saying is…..if it seems like fun to a Basenji, nothing is safe:D

Good news is, it made me a better house keeper! Nothing is left out that may tempt one, because the other will join in and soon make a small mess into a big disaster.:o

• Houston

@snorky998:

I guess what I'm saying is…..if it seems like fun to a Basenji, nothing is safe:D
    Nothing is left out that may tempt one, because the other will join in and soon make a small mess into a big disaster.:o

You hit the hammer on the nail. If it looks like fun…trouble. But then again my two non B's were the same way...mischievious (sp?)...

• yes my basenji just destroyed a framed picture from France, books and some other papers, and yes that was just today.

Suggested Topics