What do you make of this breeder.

• I came across this breeder when I was googling basenji breeders. I looked for anything that said they were doing health tests but couldn't find any.

They breed basenjis x beagles and call them benjis. They also have alot of other dog breeds which leads me to believe they're a P/M.

Just thought everyone would like to see, here's the link

http://newpuppies4u.com/home

• I can't say what I think of this person on a public list…but there is a special place in he** for those who use dogs without caring what happens to them.

• All for profit, you know all those poor dogs aren't living in the breeder's home.

• Totally pure for profit…. certainly they are not health testing... and with that number of breeds, there is no socialization either....

I did email her and ask about DNA tests for Fanconi (and also noted that she really should not be telling people that they do not shed, as we all know that is not the case), but I am sure her answer about Fanconi will be "what's that?", my dogs are healthly, my Vet says so..... also gave her the link to basenji health... I always put in those emails the following...

"Please be part of the solution to rid our breed of this horrible genetic affliction"

Most of the responses I get from these BYB's/Puppy Millers is pretty negative about Fanconi testing, but once in a while... it does sink in...

• do we have a barfing smiley?

• OMG that's just ….... (to many foul words)

@agilebasenji:

do we have a barfing smiley?

(least offensive one LOL)

• @NicholasDenis:

I came across this breeder when I was googling basenji breeders. I looked for anything that said they were doing health tests but couldn't find any.

They breed basenjis x beagles and call them benjis. They also have alot of other dog breeds which leads me to believe they're a P/M.

Just thought everyone would like to see, here's the link

http://newpuppies4u.com/home

Off the primary topic, I know, but how do you get benji from basenji and beagle?
    Wouldn't it be beagenji or basengle?

What the heck is wrong with people? The buyers are as repulsive as the sellers.

• @JazzysMom:

Off the primary topic, I know, but how do you get benji from basenji and beagle?

I would agree about the breeder… however the buyers are uneducated.. and just believe what they are being told... it is sad... but true...

• At the dog park that my mom goes to the basenji x beagle owner said his dog was sold as a basegle.

It is sad. It is also sad how many people don't want to get from a responsible breeder because they don't want to answer any of those nosy questions like, why are you interested in the breed? What are your expectations for your puppy? Many go to pure for profit breeders because they want to just say I want a red male and fork over the money and get their pup, right now. They don't want to hear that they may have to wait, or that a different pup is better match for their household, the list goes on.

• @JazzysMom:

Because benji is cute sounding and easier to say than beagenji or basengle. Purely marketing.

Beagles and basenjis are my two favorite breeds…can't imagine mixing them. I guess they're trying to get a food-obsessed constantly barking basenji?

• Is it me, or are the Basenji muzzles really rounded?

• @Nemo:

Because benji is cute sounding and easier to say than beagenji or basengle. Purely marketing.

Beagles and basenjis are my two favorite breeds…can't imagine mixing them. I guess they're trying to get a food-obsessed constantly barking basenji?

And that digs and chases what they see… best of everything...NOT

• Sickening.

My two favourite breeds (pug and basenji) are on there, being used purely to make money. I just hate "breeders" (i use the term loosely!!) like this..

• My guess is that they were trying to lessen the barking in the beagle…probably unsuccesfully. You have to admit though, the dog is REALLY cute 🙂 But yeah, I like Kim's comment about the barfing smiley....

• There was someone (daughter on east coast and dad on west coast) that were trying to create the "Amercian Barkless Dog" they were breeding basenjis and most anything trying to get the size down, keep them barkless. The bad part is that their kennel name was quite close to a reputable kennel name so they got lots of traffic based on that. Don't think they are around any more - maybe they moved on to schnoodles or morkies.

• @dmcarty:

There was someone (daughter on east coast and dad on west coast) that were trying to create the "Amercian Barkless Dog" they were breeding basenjis and most anything trying to get the size down, keep them barkless. The bad part is that their kennel name was quite close to a reputable kennel name so they got lots of traffic based on that. Don't think they are around any more - maybe they moved on to schnoodles or morkies.

That was the people that were using the Cambria name… And they were going to cross the American Eskimo dog with Basenjis.

• @sharronhurlbut:

I can't say what I think of this person on a public list…but there is a special place in he** for those who use dogs without caring what happens to them.

That was subtle… LOL hug

~A

• Andrea, yes, I know…laugh.
    I just get tired of waking up thinking of these poor dogs and what they have to suffer.
    Hugs for all YOUR help with rescue.

Suggested Topics