R/W Female in NC, 4 months, in need of a new home

• Yes, for sure have her chipped…. However.. they can migrate, so it is good to get the check every now and again and make sure they can be found.

• Lisa,
    I'm so happy for you and sorry Mia was ill. I love that Mia worked her way into your bed. :p My Bs love to sleep with Mom and I adore having them curled up next to me. Isn't it true how the Basenjis fascinate people who don't know the breed? Please keep us updated about your Basenji experience.

• @lisatest:

What do you all think about getting a dog micro chipped?

Last night I caved and let her sleep in her bed on our bed. Amazingly no whining. I believe Mia won on this battle. 🙂

She is very precious and she puts a smile on my face every single day.

I got my boy microchipped when he was neutered. It didn't cost much extra & I like the extra sense of security I have now. Although, as Tanza said, they do wander. Dallas' started out on his shoulder blade & now is more in his front thigh. If that makes sense. The vet said it is not an issue now but if it keeps moving towards his chest, she will have to remove it & replace it in a better spot. However, it is still completely worth it.

Welcome to basenji ownership 101. They are so darn persistant when they want something. Dallas sleeps in my bed & is quite the bed hog! Also, he must sleep under the covers now! Once you give in, there is no going back. Haha.

So glad it worked out so well for you & that she makes you so happy. I look forward to seeing more pictures of her!

Suggested Topics