Minnesota - Lure Coursing Fun Run

• Ops, forgot kananga on the last post. If you want more info shoot me a post on my personal page and I will get you my email addy. 🙂

• I look forward to it. Sounds like I better prep my boy with some thorough exercise over the next 2 weeks.

• Definitely! As you don't want him to pull or injur himself from over doing it that day.

I don't 'train' my dog rather we just talk daily walks (3 per day) and closer to racing season I do sprints with him – he loves racing me and of coarse ALWAYS beats me!

• Hopefully the weather cooperates on Saturday. Will they still do runs if it starts to rain?

• In most cases yes, they will still have the event even in the rain.

• Fair enough. Kananga does not mind the rain. 😃

• If it rains they will still course but it will depend on how hard it is raining. The latest weather update I heard today stated it was not suppose to rain until Saturday evening so lets just hope it holds out so we have a beautiful sunny 60 degree day!

• Just wanted to remind anyone who is coming tomorrow to bring two leads as you will need one when releasing and one for the person catching your B if you are doing straight racing. I will bring extra just in case!

• @ljsabo:

Just wanted to remind anyone who is coming tomorrow to bring two leads as you will need one when releasing and one for the person catching your B if you are doing straight racing. I will bring extra just in case!

I'll be sure to bring an extra. Anything else recommended that I bring?

It'll be interesting to see how my B does once I get there. I have to give him some Benadryl before we leave in the morning (most likely an hour before) so he doesn't get upset from the car ride. Last time I took him on a longer drive he wasn't feeling too well. My vet recommended a low dose to help make him sleep on the drive. Otherwise I'm afraid he won't be eager to do anything from feeling sick. That's what happened when I took him to the dog park the other week.

So I'm hoping he'll be OK energy-wise once we arrive.

• Bring a chair to sit in (as there will be a long waiting period in between runs), a crate for your B to hang out when you aren't running or walking around, snacks, plenty of water for you and your B and you should be all set!

I will be in a black Toyota FJ Cruiser so if you see my truck you can park by me.

Suggested Topics