• I acquired a Basenji through a relative. I am looking for a new home for him. I have no experience with this breed and find them hard to understand. He is 5 a good boy and is a great looking pure breed. If you guys could help me out a little I'd greatly appreciate it.

• Do you want help rehoming him or help training and better understanding him?

If you need help rehoming, try http://basenjirescue.org/ - That's the breed's rescue group.

If you want help with training and tips, you've come to the right place. What issues are you having?

• Do u mind if i ask where in NC u are I just moved to NC a few weeks ago I'm really not looking for another B at the Moment but might be able to Foster him till he can find a Forever home . Do u know if he gets along with other dogs ??

• I live in the Raleigh area. I would rather rehome him. He is a good dog but needs a yard and more exercise. I broke him of chewing things, but I have a rather small condo and he needs more room.

• Ok just thought i would offer since u had mentioned u where not familiar with B's and if placing u DEFIANTLY want to make sure the forever home he goes to is Basenji Sauve or he'll end up in a shelter 😞

• oh no if you wanted to foster that would be cool too. I know he definitely needs to go to a home that has experience with basenjis I don't want to see him end up in a shelter.

• Have you contacted BRAT to help rehome him?

• @volcomsig:

I acquired a Basenji through a relative. I am looking for a new home for him. I have no experience with this breed and find them hard to understand. He is 5 a good boy and is a great looking pure breed. If you guys could help me out a little I'd greatly appreciate it.

I live in Blairsville, GA, and own Basenjis. My home is two miles south of the NC state line and not far from Murphy NC. If you haven't made arrangements please contact me via this website and we can discuss rehoming your boy. Blairsville is very rural and I have a huge fenced yard on a private road. Also, I'm sure you couldn't find better references as I'm well-known, am involved in rescue work, and own a pet sitting business.

• Vicki, I hope your able to take in this b.

• Wow, Vicki. Although we are down in Savannah, we also have a place up between Young Harris and Hiawassee. Maybe we could meet up sometime. Don't know how our little female hellion would do with your female though. Our male would probably be okay. Also would love to hear more about your petsitting business that you mentioned. When we are up there we would sometimes like to be able to leave for awhile without worrying about the beasties.

Pat

• @BasenjiDiva:

Wow, Vicki. Although we are down in Savannah, we also have a place up between Young Harris and Hiawassee. Maybe we could meet up sometime. Don't know how our little female hellion would do with your female though. Our male would probably be okay. Also would love to hear more about your petsitting business that you mentioned. When we are up there we would sometimes like to be able to leave for awhile without worrying about the beasties.

Pat

Hello - Yes, I would love to meet you when you visit your vacation home.
    razzcinn at aol dot com.

I have two female Basenjis that are doing well together, but I, too, would be concerned about another female Basenji.

Monday, I'm interviewing a retired older lady who pet sits and she will stay in the home all day and night, if needed. I need a dependable sitter, too. I often babysit for people who would like to go to dinner and get away w/o worrying about their pets. If I can't help you, I'm certain I can recommend several other dependable sitters.

Suggested Topics