• Hi everyone!

I'm so glad I found this forum so I can get lots of Basenji tips from all of you!

We are just currently in the process of buying our first home, complete with a big fenced yard. It's also right by the beach and the park, and perfect for a dog! We've already made arrangements with a breeder who is a friend of the family, and we are driving 12 hours to her home next month to get our pup!

So I'm not technically a basenji owner YET, but I will be as of April 22! She's a young b&w girl and we're naming her Cleo. 🙂

• Congratulations! Black and white is my favorite color, can't wait to see pics when you get her home.
    Anne in Tampa, FL

• Congrats!! Don't forget to post some pics! 😃

• Welcome to the forum!

• Welcome to the forum!!!
    Did you meet you babygirl already???

• Welcome to the forum, your new home sounds lovely, look forward to seeing pictures of your new baby Cleo.

• Welcome to the forum.

• Thanks everyone!

We haven't met her yet since she lives soooo far away, but I've had many long phone conversations with the breeder, and seen pictures of the pup! I'm hoping to get some recent pictures soon and I'll post them for you guys to see.

• What breeder is your pup coming from? You may have dog relatives here.

• She's coming from Shamaron Basenji's in Alberta, Canada.

• Depending on her pedigree she may a cousin of my dogs and all of the Sherwood bred dogs on the Forums. Is Suddanly Bets On A Lady's Man her sire or grandsire? He is a half brother to my boy Nick.

• I haven't seen her pedigree yet, so I'm not sure! I'll let you know, though. How fun to meet her dog cousins on the internet! 🙂

• Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures! 🙂

I'm a new owner as well, I just got my Ripley in January. So we'll be going through the same things together 🙂

• Congratulations to both of you. We just got our pup three weeks ago. We are going through all of the expected mayhem, although it doesn't seem that bad. Perhaps he will be a problem when he is a teenager. Remember lots of walks and play time.

• Wow - that is a kennel name I have not seen in a long time!

• Hello & welcome from a fellow Canadian. I had a great conversation with Diana about 6-7 months ago. I'm sure that you will be getting a great pup. Congrats. Nice to have you here.

G

• Welcome to you and Cleo. I hope you have many happy and fun filled years together. I can't wait for the pictures!!

Suggested Topics