• Hey Jess, welcome! We're staying at the Horse Park. We're coming down Tuesday morning and leaving Friday night. You should definitely come to our little forum dinner that we're planning on Thursday. Otherwise I'd be happy to join you another night too.

Unfortunately I didn't have enough money to enter the rally, just too much with the coursing and then my vet in the show. I will be down there in time to watch though, are you entered? Looking forward to meeting the fellow puller!

• Okay, so I'm a little confused. I've been looking at the breed counts posted on the website and the premium and prizes and they all don't seem to match for puppies regarding r/w versus AOAC in the different age groups. Maybe they screwed up the breed count break-down on sweepstakes? Hopefully I'm not reading it wrong. 😃 Or is it the breed counts are really not official and don't have to be broken down the same way?

For conformation, the premium says
    r/w 6-9 mo
    AOAC 6-9 mo
    9-12 mo

Prizes are broken down by (don't match classes)
    6-9 mo
    r/w 9-12 mo
    AOAC 9-12 mo

Class counts posted on the website (matches premium classes)
    r/w 6-9 mo
    AOAC 6-9 mo
    9-12 mo

For Sweepstakes, the premium says
    6-9 mo
    r/w 9-12 mo
    AOAC 9-12 mo

Prizes are for (matches premium classes)
    6-9 mo
    r/w 9-12 mo
    AOAC 9-12 mo

Breed count says (doesn't match premium classes)
    r/w 6-9 mo
    AOAC 6-9 mo
    9-12 mo

• I believe I heard there was an error in the Premium with a color breakdown in 6-9 puppies. Usually it is 9 to 12 because those are usually the biggest classes considering when most Basenjis are born… I believe I read that a correction to the premium was sent? But I could be wrong on that...

• Yes, there was an error… the color split will be in the younger classes 6-9 mos. The prizes will all be the same.

• @Quercus:

Yes, there was an error… the color split will be in the younger classes 6-9 mos. The prizes will all be the same.

Interesting… I thought that I saw that it was changed to the older pups... but then again... since I am not going... I didn't pay much attention

• It is normally in the older classes, but because of how early it is this year, the split was changed, the super didn't apparently make the changes throughout. It should all work out, though. I think the super had to contact a few people to clarify the color of their dogs..but it will all work out 🙂

• @Quercus:

Yes, there was an error… the color split will be in the younger classes 6-9 mos. The prizes will all be the same.

Cool. So the breed counts are right. There are only 6 in Zoni's class…at least she statistically has a better chance...in her class at least. :p

• Yep, the breed counts are correct. Like Andrea said, the premium was an oops. The color separation this year is supposed to be the younger class because of the earlier date of the show.

Good luck with Zoni! Looking forward to meeting her.

• @Kebasmom:

I'm going blind!! I just finished filling out all the entry forms for nationals for all three of my dogs and then did the Lexington, Northern Kentucky and Hoosier entries for my puppy!! Sure do wish all the entry web sites were set up the same way. After that I bought my T-shirts, and paid for the banquet. My credit card is melting. :o)

It was worth it, wasn't it? 😉

• It was such a great time!
    I am so glad I went.

Thanks Kelli and Charlene (sp) for letting me stay with you, and for fielding all of my questions. Thanks Andrea for encouraging me to go, and thatks Clay for letting me ride with you. I loved it so much! It was so great to meet everyone!
    I can't wait to get my pup now!!!

-Nicole

• @Quercus:

It was worth it, wasn't it? 😉

It certainly was. What a shock!

• Kebasmom, Congrats to both you and your husband. He must be so thrilled!!!!!

• I love these events and attend whenever they are in my area. Most all the folks are kind, welcoming and love to talk about their b's and breeding lines.
    Everyone should try to attend at least once.

• @Kebasmom:

It certainly was. What a shock!

Congrats… big huge congrats... what a wonderful win... I am sure that many here would love to hear about your experience....

• Well here goes. I tore my ACL about two weeks ago and my leg is in a long brace so my showing days are on hold for the time being. We had already registered for nationals and my brindle girl was scheduled to go down there with her breeder so we decided to go anyway. My husband decided that he would try to handle my trindle girl Chloe. He'd only been in the ring twice before and neither time was on purpose. He had to go in when two of our dogs won their classes. Saturday was his third time to go in and the first time on purpose. He was a bit nervous (he won't admit that now though) but he managed to handle Chloe quite well and netted winner's bitch on Saturday and then best of winners on Sunday. He didn't really understand what had happened until it was all over and we explained it to him.
    It was a great thrill to see all of the basenjis at nationals. There are some amazing dogs out there. We had a wonderful time and met some wonderful people.

• WOW!!!! What a great thing to happen! HUGE congrats to you

• Congratulations! Chloe is a really gorgeous girl.

I was the girl working the raffle with the African Hunting Bells when Chloe took Winners Bitch. Your husband looked so happy. The look on his face was priceless, and when your eyes started to tear, I thought I might cry too. It was really exciting.

Congratulations!!!!!

-Nicole

• Congrats to Chloe, how awesome!!! Is your husband looking forward to his next trip in the ring now? 🙂

Nicole, it was great to have you and I really appreciate all your help with the dogs. It was so nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to getting together again sometime!

• @Kebasmom:

Well here goes. I tore my ACL about two weeks ago and my leg is in a long brace so my showing days are on hold for the time being. We had already registered for nationals and my brindle girl was scheduled to go down there with her breeder so we decided to go anyway. My husband decided that he would try to handle my trindle girl Chloe. He'd only been in the ring twice before and neither time was on purpose. He had to go in when two of our dogs won their classes. Saturday was his third time to go in and the first time on purpose. He was a bit nervous (he won't admit that now though) but he managed to handle Chloe quite well and netted winner's bitch on Saturday and then best of winners on Sunday. He didn't really understand what had happened until it was all over and we explained it to him.
    It was a great thrill to see all of the basenjis at nationals. There are some amazing dogs out there. We had a wonderful time and met some wonderful people.

Congrats! It's so cool your girl won!

• What do you get when you have 20 basenjis in a grooming tent left alone? A symphony of yodels…. Video quality is horrid, but you get the idea with the audio. I woke up to this every morning, my room was over the grooming tent. The first time I thought a fire truck was going by.

Suggested Topics