• Hey everybody, if you haven't checked it out already the information is available about this year's National in Lexington, KY at www.basenji.org

For anybody who hasn't been to a National Specialty, it is an incredibly fun time. There are all kinds of activities, you don't have to have a show dog to enjoy yourself. There will be lure coursing (AKC and ASFA), Obedience, Rally-O, Agility, A Basenji Bazarre (no, not Bizarre! okay, so I don't know how to spell), a banquet, a silent auction, a live auction, and more Bs than you could ever want to see! And just a bunch of people anxious to talk about Basenjis all day long 🙂

If you are interested in sponsoring a class for any of the events, check out the trophies page on the website, or contact me directly. I hope to meet a bunch of you there!

• WE ARE GOING!!!!!

yay!

• I'm definitely going to be there. :D:D:D

• Wish I could make it this year, but maybe next year…do share with us the fun you have.

• idea! We should plan a B Forum dinner out somewhere and someone bring nametags and we write our B forum username…

any takers?

• @mauigirl:

idea! We should plan a B Forum dinner out somewhere and someone bring nametags and we write our B forum username…

any takers?

good idea! Want to organize it? 🙂

• I'm going to try to go too! The 2010 specialty is too far away.

• Looking forward to it Andrea! It's been a couple years and I really miss the nationals. They are always so much fun and so much stuff to do and people to meet. I'm sad there is no racing though. 😞 Roxie will be so disappointed. lol

• @kiroja:

Looking forward to it Andrea! It's been a couple years and I really miss the nationals. They are always so much fun and so much stuff to do and people to meet. I'm sad there is no racing though. 😞 Roxie will be so disappointed. lol

Yeah, some stuff was let go…mainly because no one in the planning group had done it before, or had time to take on any additional committments.

It should be really fun! I am looking forward to it too!

• I'm hoping to go, if it doesn't conflict with college, I'll be going to the Oklahoma University in fall

• I plan on going and bringing all three of the Bs and my husband too.

• I want to try to go too. Rob starts teaching at a new school this fall, so he can't make it. I'm not sure I am brave enough to go alone, but I want to.

-Nicole

• @nkjvcjs:

I want to try to go too. Rob starts teaching at a new school this fall, so he can't make it. I'm not sure I am brave enough to go alone, but I want to.

-Nicole

Oh, do it! You will love it, and people are so welcoming, you won't feel alone at all 🙂

• I noticed that the entry forms for Nationals are now available. What is it like there? How does the conformation work? I noticed there is more than one day for conformation showing. Is that because there are so many dogs that they have to do something like have all the bitches one day and the dogs the next or is it like doing two or three different shows?

What is the dress code for the different after hours events? Are any of them formal or semi-formal or is it all casual?

I already made my RV reservations so that's all set. I'm just wondering what to bring besides the dogs and all their stuff (oh, I guess I should bring the hubby too). 🙂

• Well, let's see….the regular conformation starts on Friday, and it is usually just the dog classes; and then on Saturday it is just the bitch classes; and then on Sunday it is Best of Breed (so, the finished Chs, and the winners dog and winners bitch, and field dog, field bitch, and the winners of the veteran classes)....followed by the brace competition and Stud Dog and Brood Bitch (kind of judging the breeding ability of the parents). So, to answer your question, yes, it is broken into several days because of the number of dogs. A judge is only allowed to judge so many dogs in one day. It is all the same show.

There is Sweepstakes competition on Thur which will be for puppies and veterans.

Some people dress up for the Top 25 exhibition (Wed, I think?) but most people go casual. And most people dress nicely for the banquet. I think the rest of the time it is very casual, unless you are in the ring. Nothing is formal, unless you are showing in the Top 25.

What to bring? Make sure you bring comfy chairs to bring to each venue, and if you have a pop-up, or outside umbrella, you could bring that...it is great to be able to make your own shade. A cooler is useful to, so you can keep some drinks and bait next to your set up ringside. There will be some down time, so that you could site see in the area, the Horse Park is awesome, we hope to find some time to go there.

• I'm going blind!! I just finished filling out all the entry forms for nationals for all three of my dogs and then did the Lexington, Northern Kentucky and Hoosier entries for my puppy!! Sure do wish all the entry web sites were set up the same way. After that I bought my T-shirts, and paid for the banquet. My credit card is melting. :o)

• Do most people typically go to the banquet? I'm helping out with the auction so I'm going.

• @Nemo:

Do most people typically go to the banquet? I'm helping out with the auction so I'm going.

Most people try to go… but with the way things are money wise... sometimes people need to give up things...

• @Kebasmom:

I'm going blind!! I just finished filling out all the entry forms for nationals for all three of my dogs and then did the Lexington, Northern Kentucky and Hoosier entries for my puppy!! Sure do wish all the entry web sites were set up the same way. After that I bought my T-shirts, and paid for the banquet. My credit card is melting. :o)

You can say that again!!! lol Glad you've got everything situated, now for the hard wait!

• I am going all week without the Honey, (he teaches too)
    Batman & I will be at the Red Roof Inn. Anyone staying there?? I might be looking for a dinner buddy some of the nights.<g>
    I am not on here much but would love to come to the meet up if you do one.
    Anyone doing Rally??</g>

Suggested Topics