• Hello all! Shango just loves playing with other dogs so much, I figured I'd see if there were any basenjis out there in Indiana that we could try and get together with.

I'm also seriously thinking about adding a basenji pup to the family (Shango looks at me after playing with this look- "Thanks for playing with me, but you're just not another dog, dad", and would be good to see what sort of personalities…etc he gets on best with.

I'm in the Indianapolis area. Thanks!

• Hey Andrew, is it possible this Brindle boy is looking for you?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13154236

• That's actually the rescue I got Shango from!

I've planned on checking on him!

• We don't go to the dog parks because Leo is somewhat unpredictable with different types of dogs, but we could try to meet up and see how they do. He did fine with all the other basenji?s (including Shango!) at the rescue, so it might just be the furry edible dogs he doesn?t like:D When we took Nexa and Leo to obedience class everyone let go of their leashes to see how the dogs interacted and of course Leo was the troublemaker of the group. Luckily the trainer shows and I believe might be getting into breeding basenji?s so he was ready for Leo and his attitude.

• That'd be so cool! They've already met so they should be fine 😉

It's so strange though, over this way (we're in Fishers) there are NO basenjis. I 've yet to meet another. Are you close to Fishers? You should stop by the dog bakery with the pups!

• @AndrewnShango:

That'd be so cool! They've already met so they should be fine 😉

It's so strange though, over this way (we're in Fishers) there are NO basenjis. I 've yet to meet another. Are you close to Fishers? You should stop by the dog bakery with the pups!

Is it the Purrs and Gurrs? We're not far from Fishers, the northside of Indy near Spring Mill and 79th. Do you work on the weekends at all?

• Hahaha how funny! Yes it IS Purrs and Gurrs and YES I work every sat and sun except next weekend because I'll be out of town!

• Well Andrew, whenever I'm in Carthage for a meet, we could have a play day! Not sure when I'll be going next though. lol

There were a couple big basenji familiies in your area, but at least one of them has moved, not sure what they've been up to the last year or so. We come from all over for the race meets though!

• @kiroja:

Well Andrew, whenever I'm in Carthage for a meet, we could have a play day! Not sure when I'll be going next though. lol

There were a couple big basenji familiies in your area, but at least one of them has moved, not sure what they've been up to the last year or so. We come from all over for the race meets though!

Sounds good!

• We have friends in Indy, we visit them several times a year. Which Purrs and Gurrs do you work at? We'll come by and visit you and Shango next time we come to town!

• @EskiLovr:

We have friends in Indy, we visit them several times a year. Which Purrs and Gurrs do you work at? We'll come by and visit you and Shango next time we come to town!

Oh please do! That'd be fun! We work at Purrs and Gurrs on the corner of 116th and Lantern Rd., right in the heart of Fishers. Shango and I (because of school and another job) only work there on Sat. and Sun, but we're there every weekend and look forward to guests!

• Hi Andrew!
    I am in Lebanon In. Nice to see another Indiana B on here.
    I usually go to the Eagle Creek dog park on Friday nights when the weather is nice. I take my B boy and my parents B boy.
    We have had good luck there and never any "issues" with either of mine or other visiting dogs.
    Everyone there is real attentive to their dogs and how they are acting.
    Nice to meet ya.

• @ChristyRutherford:

Hi Andrew!
    I am in Lebanon In. Nice to see another Indiana B on here.
    I usually go to the Eagle Creek dog park on Friday nights when the weather is nice. I take my B boy and my parents B boy.
    We have had good luck there and never any "issues" with either of mine or other visiting dogs.
    Everyone there is real attentive to their dogs and how they are acting.
    Nice to meet ya.

Oh cool! Nice to meet you! If you ever wanted to come visit Shango and I in Fishers, we work at a holistic dog bakery called Purrs and Gurrs. I bring Shango to work with me every weekend. We only work on Sat. and Sun but it's a fun job and we make delicious treats for dogs. Pets are welcome so if you are in the area tomorrow, you should stop by with your B's and meet Shango and I!

Purrs and Gurrs
    The corner of 116th st. and Lantern Road in the heart of Fishers.
    Open Sat: 10am-5pm
    Sun: Noon-5pm.

Hope to see you!

• Bit of a trek, but I know you like the brindle. Pretty girl!

So little space, so many b's…:o

http://www.basenjirescue.org/DOGS/VA/VA-Gwen.asp

• That's one of Tad's dogs!!! And a cousin to my kids.

• This is Gwen in her glory days.

http://www.meisterhaus.com/gwen.htm

• @kiroja:

That's one of Tad's dogs!!! And a cousin to my kids.

How did one of his dogs end up in rescue…does he know it?

• What the heck? Does Tad know this bitch is in rescue? Kelli, have you contacted, him…if not I will let him know.

• I have no idea how she ended up there, but yes I already contacted him and confirmed that he knows now. Sounds like he didn't know. I'm surprised as it says she's tattooed.

Last I had heard of Gwen, Tim leased her a couple years ago to breed to Pistol. When I saw the link I immediately knew who it was. Went off to find a picture to confirm it. lol

• Well, hopefully he will contact BRAT and let them know, that way if the tatoo was ignored or missed, the contact person will know to check next time.

Suggested Topics