• I want to thank you for the information I have learned just by reading your posts. Now I know Im not alone in some of the behaviors. Dont get me wrong I love her to death, I've learned I cant treat her like a normal dog. If I dont lock the screen door she jumps up and hits the handle with her paw and out she goes. She gets into the cubbard where her treats are. I had to move them. The only time she makes a sounds is when she hears something outside or in the middle of the night. She will jump on me and wont leave me alone until i get up. I like that. I feel safer to know that no one can sneak around. She lets me know someone is here before they knock. My kids love her too. They say Lei Lei is thier little sister. I just wanted you guys know i have enjoyed the pics and the comments you have about your own babies.

• @Lei:

I want to thank you for the information I have learned just by reading your posts. Now I know Im not alone in some of the behaviors. Dont get me wrong I love her to death, I've learned I cant treat her like a normal dog. If I dont lock the screen door she jumps up and hits the handle with her paw and out she goes. She gets into the cubbard where her treats are. I had to move them. The only time she makes a sounds is when she hears something outside or in the middle of the night. She will jump on me and wont leave me alone until i get up. I like that. I feel safer to know that no one can sneak around. She lets me know someone is here before they knock. My kids love her too. They say Lei Lei is thier little sister. I just wanted you guys know i have enjoyed the pics and the comments you have about your own babies.

Yup… sounds like you're a typical Basenji mom 😃 We are a little crazy, but it's okay. It's a good crazy and we have good company. 🙂

Suggested Topics