• Name: Linda Thelen

City, State: Okemos, Michigan (near Lansing)

How long have you owned basenjis? 14 years

Number/names of people/dogs in your household: 2 people, Linda & husband Chris; and 2 basenji's, Zak - 13 yrs. and Zuki 15 yrs. I have had Zak since he was a puppy and I adopted Zuki from BRAT in 2001. They are both in relatively good health even with Zuki having had a thyroid cancer mass removed in July of 2007 (with no additional treatment) and has been treated for Cushings since August 2008. Zak's only problem is he has had 14 teeth removed over the past 5 years because the roots are rotting - vet can't explain it.

What do you and/or your spouse do for a living in the real world? Linda - analyst; Chris - engineer.

Other activities you do with your basenjis? None

Do you belong to any other basenji clubs? No

What do you like/dislike about basenjis? I love their personality and the fact that they do not bark. Dislike - that they are not more friendly toward other dogs (mine anyway).

If you are an active volunteer in BRAT, what things do you do?
    (e.g., foster, screen, coordinate, admin work) - I screen new owners for BRAT and would transport but have not had the opportunity.

Do you have time to become more involved in BRAT's work? At this time I need to devote my free time to my aging B's and do all I can to make their lives happy. The occasional home screening and/or transport fits my schedule best.

• Hello and welcome to the forum! 🙂

• Hiya and welcome to the pack.

• Welcome to you and your family.

• Hello & welcome from Canada. Nice to have you here.

G

• Hi, welcome to the forum! I am in SE Mich these days, but have lived in East Lansing and Williamston for a few years so I know the territory. 🙂

Nice to see more golden oldies that are doing well. Tell us more about Zak and Zuki when you have time. What are their favorite napping spots? 🙂

• Favorite nap spots this time of year is deep inside their cozy caves and in the summer - wherever the sun is! I can't wait until they're able to sun themselves again. 🙂

Will you be at the Detroit Kennel Club show this weekend? I am planning on going tomorrow.

I checked out your website for puppy information as I have a friend that may be looking for a puppy. Her 16 year old B passed away last August and she really wants a female and has not had any luck yet through BRAT. Do you have any information?

Thanks!
    Linda

• Welcome. Glad you found us.

• Yes, I will be there, stop by and say hello! 🙂 My mom will be manning my spot in the benching area where all the Basenjis are. I think I'll give her Mojo, my talker. Most of the time I will be over at the Michigan Gazehound Association booth, we have lots of sighthounds and lure coursing info. Tyson and his family will be there with us too. We show around 11am tomorrow and close to 2pm Sunday, so those might be hard times to talk to everyone. lol

All the pups around here are spoken for. I do know of a couple puppies in Indiana that might still be available. Contact me privately if you would like their info. The puppies down South are all taken too, I have to change that yet. You can check with the others this weekend, they might have an idea if there are any puppies available in the Midwest. There is a breeder near Windsor too, I'll have to check and see if she has anything left. Most likely your friend will need to get on someone's waiting list for next winter.

• Kelli -

I have passed your contact info. on to my friend. I will look for you tomorrow!

Linda

• I read you had to learn how put picture here?
    personaly I use this
    http://image.netenviesdemariage.com/

but you can use any kind of "hebergeur d'image " clic on "parcourir " you choose your picture and "valider" then you "copie colle" the third link.

• Thank you - although it's not in English 🙂 I'll figure it out.

• Sorry
    it's maybe called "image hostel free" in english, you can find in on your research center , there are a lot. Somebody else will help you.

• Welcome to the forum and bless you for adopting a senior pet. 🙂

I use photobucket.com for my picture hosting needs. It's pretty easy to use and reliable.

• Welcome - you can directly add pictures from your computer to our forum.

It's really easy to add pictures directly. Use the Manage Attachments button (before send your post, scroll down the page a bit), then the browse (to find the picture on your computer) then attach it. The picture shows up as a thumbnail in the body of your message and the reader can click on it to make it larger. This way it doesn't take up as much space.

For more details check the forum section on "help & information"

• Welcome to the forums from Illinois.

• Welcome to the forum, have fun!

• Welcome to the Forum and greetings from Belgium !:D

Suggested Topics