• The daysie big sister doesn't like dry food, and she was sick when I got her it was a bit hard to feed her so now et for 5 years she eat home food

meat rice veggetables boiled
    and olive or colza soya mais oil
    and vitamines

So I do the same for my lovely puppy.
    The first meal she ate, the night she came, she had finished as just as I have put the plate on the floor. The poor girl her stomac was already so big and after eating it was worse, so I had to take care of that and learn her to sit before eating , and give her natural medicine ,she learned very quickly,after three days sitting to eat was ok, she is so lovely , I don't even have to say "Sit" today ,she does it.And she eat slowly and share with the big one the big one share too it's very nice to see them eat together.

Some days ago Daysie didn't want her break fast milk egg and cereals, yesterday I called the vet he said I have to give her dry food.

My trouble is I don't find the quality for them, Maya use to threw up dry food.
    And I m afraid dry food get them sick, I don't have good trade.

Yesterday I called the vet and today Daysie eat her breakfast, I gave her just a bit of milk yellow egg and small fish in oil (in small can you know it?)

I really don't know what to do with dry food I m very afraid to get them sick.

Maya the big one is very healthy with home food. Should I just put a small bit of dry food in it?

I disagree B A R F because of my children and more now that my puppy is very small and her sister is big ,I don't want any accident and the meat here has to be boiled, to avoid sanitary desease.

• Don't know what kinds of dry food is available in your area but maybe try mixing the dry food with her meat and vegetables will help.

• @wizard:

Don't know what kinds of dry food is available in your area but maybe try mixing the dry food with her meat and vegetables will help.

yes I think so,
    I will look for the best , I need to know the ideal composition prot fat … maybe it will help for finding the best.
    thank you.

• I would bet there are web sites where you can see home made dog food that would be cooked in the oven, so not raw, but still be well rounded for the basenji.

• @sharronhurlbut:

I would bet there are web sites where you can see home made dog food that would be cooked in the oven, so not raw, but still be well rounded for the basenji.

Oh yes thanks a lot, I completely forgotten this way of cooking put the meat in banana leave in oven , wonderfull, it will keep many nutriements, that's very good and veggetables to !

I 've only found how many of meat rice veggetables 1/3 1/3 1/3 on the net .

That's why it's important to speak about our trouble we always find somebody to help!

Have a nice week end.

• @DaysiefromBenin:

I disagree B A R F because of my children and more now that my puppy is very small and her sister is big ,I don't want any accident and the meat here has to be boiled, to avoid sanitary desease.

I worry about the B A R F diet also, my concerns would be the chance of Bella getting Salmonella or E Coli…

• @bellabasenji:

I worry about the B A R F diet also, my concerns would be the chance of Bella getting Salmonella or E Coli…

Yes,I also read today that E coli is the main responsable of diarrhea of children in our countries, so we just limit the risks here so meat as really to be cooked even for dogs.

If Bella or any other dog have some intestinal trouble give them a piece of burned wood, I learned it from my Mix groenadael, when she was young I saw her eating burned wood when she had some kind of diarrhea, and I also read that it absorbs toxine or poison. I gave a very small piece of it to Daysie when she came for her stomac.

Today I find some dry food for Daysie and her sister, they both taste one of them, Daysie and Maya eat some, but I also put some in their meal and they didn't like it both.

So I will try this evening to leave some in plates ans see how much they 'll eat, my big one use to eat in the night.
    If they eat enough I will reduce rice in their meal .I will go on with meat and vegetables.

So I bought some Purina bakers complete 6 weeks 24 months for Daysie
    and Maya has the same for adult dog, it's very expensive but if it's good for both of them it's good for me too.
    The trouble is that we don't always find the same.

Suggested Topics