SCV Kennel Club Dog Show in San Jose, CA (Feb. 15-16, 2009)

• Regarding this event, does anyone know if the basenjis (and their humans) will be around on Monday (2/16)? If so, what is the best time to come by and meet them?

Also, are non-show dogs allowed to come with us at this event?

Thanks!

(P.S. The Santa Clara Fairgrounds website, where it's being held, does not provide any details about this event.)

• Basenji ring time for Monday is 9:15am, ring 6 in Exposition Hall. So Basenji will be there for showing, but usually are gone when over. At shows, dogs that are not entered are not supposed to be on the show grounds, now usually at an outdoor show, you can get away with it, but this is indoors, so not a good idea to being your Basenji. Also, remember those of us who are showing are trying to get our dogs ready for the ring and sometimes dogs that are not entered can be a big distraction. I will be there, so will lvoss and Vanessa from the forums. Here is a link to the judging program for Monday, dogs will typically only be there for their ring times. http://www.infodog.com/jps/891/jpg891.pdf

• Wow, there's a lot of dogs in there!

Thanks for the info and good luck to you, Ivoss, and Vanessa!!

Wishing y'all the best at the event!!!

• @imbj:

Wow, there's a lot of dogs in there!

Thanks for the info and good luck to you, Ivoss, and Vanessa!!

Wishing y'all the best at the event!!!

Hope that you come by and visit!

• I really wish this weather would clear up.
    I've been trying to work with Kiya but it just won't let up outside!!!
    Every time I open the door now she gives me this look like "Do I seriously have to mom…its wet out there"
    She will even take such drastic measures as to walk in between my legs to stay under my raincoat!

• @Vanessa:

I really wish this weather would clear up.
    I've been trying to work with Kiya but it just won't let up outside!!!
    Every time I open the door now she gives me this look like "Do I seriously have to mom…its wet out there"
    She will even take such drastic measures as to walk in between my legs to stay under my raincoat!

Yes, I agree, it is supposed to be really nasty on Sunday.. and Ann has OB with Crystal in the morning… yikes.....

• Oah No!
    I've been looking at the weather reports as well.
    It's hard enough B's have a mind of their own…now lets stir in some poor weather...this equals a very entertaining day for us 🙂

• @Vanessa:

Oah No!
    I've been looking at the weather reports as well.
    It's hard enough B's have a mind of their own…now lets stir in some poor weather...this equals a very entertaining day for us 🙂

EXACTLY!!!! :o

• Lucky for you Pat, Sophie really could care less about the weather. Don't know that she will be any less of a handful but it isn't going to cause her to be any more wild. Rio on the other hand hates the cold and wet.

• @lvoss:

Lucky for you Pat, Sophie really could care less about the weather. Don't know that she will be any less of a handful but it isn't going to cause her to be any more wild. Rio on the other hand hates the cold and wet.

Hey, one point in my favor….gggg

Kobey doesn't mind the weather really either, not as much as some others... but still will be glad to be indoors

• Any results available yet?

Suggested Topics