• She is just fine with the crate, though I don't want to crate her at night because that is a lot of crate time. I think we will just let her loose in the house at night, I am wondering if most people just keep taking them out of bed and putting them elsewhere until the stay or if there are other suggestions..

• it helps if there's a nice dog bed that they like on the ground.

• I find that a nice doggy bed next to a heating vent on these cold nights does the trick!

• My b's sleep with me, so I won't be any help.

• I am wondering about using a heating bed of some sort, we live in the basement and all of the vents are in the ceiling. Does anyone have any suggestions for heating elements?

• There are some things mentioned on this thread.

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=5370

• I would be wary of anything electrical they can chew. You might try getting a Snuggle Safe disc and putting it under a big fluffy doughnut bed they can burrow into. You just have to nuke it for a couple minutes and they last for a few hours. Hmm, maybe I should pull mine out and try that, I live in a basement too! lol

Also, you could try putting a babygate in your doorway so she can't come in the bedroom. That is if she doesn't jump gates. 🙂 Also if you're desperate you can get an xpen and put it around your bed. lol

Can't help you much with first hand experience though, mine snuggle up under the covers with me!

• Jordan and Jason, good luck on your endeavor. Not to be an a$$ about your situation, but why after 2 years is Piggy being kicked to the curb so to speak??

Seriously, I suffered, moaned, and bitched about the dogs in the bed for many years. Then the DH bought a king size bed. I was thrillled. (for about a week). The 2 heat seeking missiles (Ty and Kate) just either spread out farther, or cuddled in closer allowing NO room to turn over.

They are now just treated as another pillow in the bed. A leg or hip rested or and an elbow or arm rest, no problem. {The doggie dreams are the worst to try to sleep through}

Good luck!!! My suggestion…..let him sleep in until the 'Whoopie' starts, then give Piggy a special toy or treat to occupy his time:D

• @kiroja:

I would be wary of anything electrical they can chew. You might try getting a Snuggle Safe disc and putting it under a big fluffy doughnut bed they can burrow into. You just have to nuke it for a couple minutes and they last for a few hours. Hmm, maybe I should pull mine out and try that, I live in a basement too! lol

Also, you could try putting a babygate in your doorway so she can't come in the bedroom. That is if she doesn't jump gates. 🙂 Also if you're desperate you can get an xpen and put it around your bed. lol

Can't help you much with first hand experience though, mine snuggle up under the covers with me!

The Lectro Kennel has the wire wrapped in metal… I have not had a problem with chewing and we raised all our litters with it...

• We were doing really good with keeping our B out of the bed when we first got him. However, my fiance is the light sleeper and was responsible for kicking him out of bed. In contrast I am a very heavy sleeper and wouldn't feel Colbey climbing in bed when Ed wasn't home. Colbey learned very quickly that he could sleep in the bed when Ed was gone. And then, winter came. We keep the house pretty cool and Colbey would climb in the bed shivering, and that was the end of my resolve to keep the dog out of the bed. So now, the rule of the house is, animals are allowed in the bed, but only on my side. Needless to say, I have about 1/4 of the bed…... but, I am a cuddler, so I am ok with it. We are keeping our other dog out of the bed, mostly because there would be no more space left for me!

Suggested Topics