Training for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

• Hi everyone,
    I'm training to participate in a marathon so that I can raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I need all of the help I can get in raising money!!! Here is my website if you would like to take a look:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/rnr09/dleblanc

Fortunately Seti will be happy to help me in the training process - he's a good dog that way 😃

Thank you for your time!! Best, Denise

• Bless you for this. My good friend just lost her grandson to Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. He had just turned 2.

• That's exactly what my dad had. I am so sorry to hear about your friend - so heartbreaking.
    Thank you SO much for your donation!!!!! Let's hope someday this horrible disease is eradicated. xoxo

• You're very welcome. I only wish it could have been more. Good luck with the marathon. Keep us posted here on how it goes!

Dawn

• Oh my gosh - every bit helps!! I will definitely keep you updated!

• Denise, how's the training going? Just a few more weeks until the race. I was thinking of you, your dad, and my friend's little Rey-Rey so I thought I'd check in.

Dawn

• Hi! The training is going great - the race is the last weekend of May so we have some time (whew). We did 12 miles yesterday. Unfortunately I injured both of my feet which is very common for runners, so I had to do my 12 miles in the pool yesterday (aqua jogging - it's a bizarre thing but a great workout!). I should be up and running again soon. I was a bit bummed out about the injury at first, but then I remembered why I'm doing this thing - I've seen the effects of chemo and other cancer treatments which are FAR worse than my slight pains so I immediately stopped feeling sorry for myself!!
    Next weekend a couple of our "honored teammates" will join us after our training - they are two young children who are sick with leukemia. It's going to be super difficult to see them but inspiring at the same time. One of the girls just had a bone marrow transplant - her younger sister who is about 5 years old donated to her. I can't wait to meet them.
    Thank you so much for asking!!!! I'll let you know when we get to our 20 mile practice run - that will be a huge hurdle to cross.

• I should add that Seti hurt his paw as soon as I started training. He was on "house arrest" for a month and the doctor told us that we were not to allow him to run or jump. Yeah right - like that's going to happen!!! Anyhow, Seti is all better but I wanted to add a little basenji tale to the story 🙂

Suggested Topics