• I just don't want anyone to lose a dog like I lost Leki - neurogenic pulmonary oedema can happen with shock, smoke inhalation….all sorts. Let's keep our beloveds safe...

• @QuizBasenji:

Dear BDawg
    I don't want to offend you, but this picture makes my heart stop. It's how my darling puppy Leki died…please. please, don't let the dogs wear their collars when they're playing like this...I hope I haven't offended you, but with the memory of Leki, I had to post this...

I hadn't scrolled up to the old posts.. and I agree. But the poster hasn't been here in a long time

Join Date 01-01-2007
    Last Activity 07-06-2010 10:09 <<

• I don't keep a collar on Ava unless I'm walking her. Poor Leki's tragic accident is similar to what happened to two Goldens who lived down the street from me. They were in the backyard playing while their owners were away, and the whole block knew immediately that it was awful.

This is an old thread, but there's some good info in it. Doggie daycare has been a lifesaver for me. It gives Ava an outlet for her endless energy and is good for socialization. She is a friendly girl who likes everybody– human, canine and feline. I take turns handing her off to everyone there, and so far, she'll go right to them with a hello lick. I want her to know that people are good and she can trust them. Hopefully, it will always be that way!

Suggested Topics