• Hi all,

I recently found you on the web. I have two Basenji's Buddy (male) and Riley (female). They are both 3 years old.

We rescued Buddy when he was 11 monts when his original owner died. He was such a handful that we almost got rid of him but people kept saying get two. So alittle over a year ago we rescued Rily through B.R.A.T. She was living with pit bulls in Kentucky. Don't believe anyone when they tell you two are easier. It just becomes a different kind of job. But they have settled down somewhat.

We spend about an hour a day at the dog park which helps alot. But is it gets cold here we'll have to find activities at home.

Mike
    attachment_t_527_0_buddy-riley.jpg

• Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. Your Basenjis are gorgeous. I feel fortunate that mine is only half basenji (she's still a handful) and I've often wondered how people with the pure breeds manage, especially if you own multiple basenjis. I am especially glad to hear you rescued your basenjis.

• @divajazz:

Hi all,

Don't believe anyone when they tell you two are easier. It just becomes a different kind of job. But they have settled down somewhat.

Mike

Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum. I think basenji's do better in pairs, if raised together as pups. Bringing adult dogs together is an entirely different ballgame and does require more attention. Good to hear they've settled down, keep working on it and over time hopefully things will work out fine. Kudos on the rescue, good looking B's.

• Hi Mike… Welcome to forums... Happy you found us !!!!

• Welcome 🙂

• What sweet dogs you have. Welcome to the forum, it's fun and informative.

Suggested Topics