• Hey DoubleB are you still here with us? How is little Penny Rose doing?

• I would like to know as well.

• After two weeks with me, I brought her to another more experienced foster home in Maryland. She was doing pretty well here, fine with people, and very slowly making progress with housetraining. But with me being out at work all day, there were limitations to what I could do. She is doing well at the new foster home after a week; she is socializing with other Basenjis and cats. The foster "mom" is at home most of the time and nothing much phases her. She is confident that things will work out for Penny soon. It was so very sad to leave her that day. At least I got her out of that shelter. No basenji should be in that situation for three weeks, and who knows what she lived through before that.

• Thanks for the update, doubleB. You provided the second chance this B needed. If not for you, she may not be here at all.

Thank you.

• You are welcome. I felt like a foster failure giving her up after two weeks; but she has a better situation with an expert like Barbara. I definitely need some practice with introducing adult Basenjis. Those noises they make sound like the Exorcist!

• Oh I'm glad to hear she is doing well. Don't feel bad, you DID get her out of that shelter and into BRAT's system….

Suggested Topics