• Buana the (I still don't know what you call it in English) make the older people happy dog…

He begins with a checkout of the room

Even Chafuko is helping a bit

Then he starts easy with a comfortable pose for the old lady, she can get used to him

She starts talking to Buana, that already is an great way to make them happy
    After a while, she told us some stories about "her" Buana, when she came home, the dog have to smell her out always and then he would go sit down and play with her, she really believed Buana was hers…. (she's demented)

Yes, she's in love….

Both enjoying….

I had some great pics of Buana lying on her lap, but they were much to dark to see.. 😞

Chafuko, did some cuddling too and stayed after that on the bed…

A few days later we went to my grandmother, she always had dogs but after the dead of het fox-terrier Rocky she became to old..

Buana likes it so much to do this work

And grandmother, she wish we come over every day with the dogs…

• @Buana:

Buana the (I still don't know what you call it in English) make the older people happy dog…

"Service Dogs" ?

Great series Kim ! Keep up the good work 😉

• @tsjoe007:

"Service Dogs" ?

Yes, that would be a good name 😃

• That is just wonderful what you do for these people! I just love these pictures showing their work…

• Buana looks like such a gentleman! That would be called therapy dogs. They go for mental support for folks. Get pet and loved on, make people feel better. 🙂 We do that too, or used to when I had more time, but never had a chance to get pictures. Service dogs are slightly different, they are the ones that deal with physical handicaps like leading the blind, signaling for seizures, opening/carrying things, etc. There are also service dogs that work with police, and sniffing drugs and such too. 🙂

• I love that you do this. I want to do this with Nemo, but I'm a somewhat behind on his CGC training. What else to do in the freezing cold Wisconsin winters….

• @kiroja:

Buana looks like such a gentleman! That would be called therapy dogs. They go for mental support for folks. Get pet and loved on, make people feel better. 🙂 We do that too, or used to when I had more time, but never had a chance to get pictures. Service dogs are slightly different, they are the ones that deal with physical handicaps like leading the blind, signaling for seizures, opening/carrying things, etc. There are also service dogs that work with police, and sniffing drugs and such too. 🙂

Okay! Thaks for the explanation! Buana also helps people which are afraid of dogs, and he's an "info"dog for education etc.

So he's a Therapy dog

Suggested Topics