• When I was out an about and showing more - I always had my dogs tatooed inside their back leg with AKC and their AKC number. Too many different co's with chips and tatoo numbers but every vet knows the AKC.

I write with sharpee - dog call name and my cell phone number - of course that only works if you can catch them to begin with.

• Yes, I put "AKC" also with the number for the tatoo

• Sorry if this sounds dumb but when you talk about tattooing your dogs, are you talking about actual tattoos or do you just keep marking them yourselves. And…if they are actually tattooed, who does it? The vet?

Pat

• @BasenjiDiva:

Sorry if this sounds dumb but when you talk about tattooing your dogs, are you talking about actual tattoos or do you just keep marking them yourselves. And…if they are actually tattooed, who does it? The vet?

Pat

They are real tattoos and usually done by a tattoo artist…. there are some dog people that have gotten really good at it and will have clinics at shows. The one we had here in No. California retired... she was really good, made them nice and small... some vets to it, but not many anymore and some I have seen are horrible... Mine are on the skin just above the hind leg.. and it would take maybe 10mins tops.... 90% of the dogs didn't mind either and the worst part was putting them on their backs... not the tattoo itself

Suggested Topics