• I boarded Foxy for 4 days over the holidays and since then she has been shedding alot. She barely shed at all before this so im just trying to figure out what brought this on. Maybe the stress of first time boarding?

Any thoughts?

-Allie

• @Allie:

I boarded Foxy for 4 days over the holidays and since then she has been shedding alot. She barely shed at all before this so im just trying to figure out what brought this on. Maybe the stress of first time boarding?

Any thoughts?

-Allie

Very possible….

• Bella has not done this so much, but both of my cats shed much more when stressed…

• Both my beagle and my current basenji have shed alot at the vet plus they have gotten atypically flaky skin. My vet has commented that he has seen that frequently. I imagine the kennel would be similar.

• One of my previous basenjis would get a serious case of dandruff when stressed so I imagine your situation is probably just stress.

• Our lab used to shed like crazy if anything stressed her. You'd think it she was like a porcipine throwing out quills.

I have noticed that Jayden (who has no reason to be stressed by anything) is currently shedding. But in his case I think it is because the weather has been so weird. I think he started putting on a winter coat when we had an unusually cold spell in November. Now it is unusually warm….I think his body thinks that Spring has sprung and it is shedding some of his winter coat.

Pat

Suggested Topics