Final Decision for Hayes Puppy!! *PICS*

• So looking at the song titles and Greek Myth you could go with something like

Dream On call name Hypnos
    Who'll Stop The Rain call name Chac, Varuna, Baal, Ajok (all gods of rain)

• @Capt_Jack_our_Basenji:

We are definantly open for any Ideas. We kinda like: Ramses, Thor (but not so much) I like Maximus but Geoff doesnt. We want a "different" name that has a good Short Nickname to it…Like Maximus (Max for short). We were thinking about Greek God names and Pharaoh names....but we are open for any and ALL Ideas. The Litter theme will be either 70's rock band songs or something like that, but we dont Have to work with her on it because she doesnt really care...but it IS a BOY and a Red and White...(OH AND, one boy has an Anchor like shape collar marking so we are also open to Nautical names in case we get him!!) THANKS

It is kind of fun to stick with the litter theme that the breeder has picked out.. then for a call name you can use whatever you want…

• Soooo many GREAT songs from the 70's. Take a look…

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/best_songs70s.html

Thanks for making me take a walk down memory lane.:D

Van Morrisons Moondance is wonderful and Gods of the Moon are plentiful!!

• How about "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and call him "Simon" after Simon and Garfunkel. This would cover the nautical theme and the 70's song…:rolleyes:

• @snorky998:

Van Morrisons Moondance is wonderful and Gods of the Moon are plentiful!!

"Artemis" is a Greek moon God and could be a cool call name to go with this one!:D:D

• @lvoss:

If you really want to tempt fate you can call him Born to Run call name Boss.

OMG that is really cute too!!! This is way too much fun… I can't wait to see what they think of our suggestions!:D:D:D:D

• Just remember…. the name or call name... is usually a sign of things to come...gggg...

• Ooohhhh Thank you all for your name ideas, We like them all… we were looking thru some of the websites you posted and Came up with King Leonitus of Sparta...Anyone have any ideas on how to tie that into a 70's song? We would call him Leo for short...Its one we are thinking about. We also like the thought of a Hunting theme name to go along with the 70's litter theme because we plan on training him to hunt...Keep it coming!! We love your ideas!

Kira and Geoff:D

• Oh yeah, GEOFF Likes Remington (Remi) for short…Buckshot (Buck) for short. "Manly" Names of course...says Geoff...LOL I dont care either way, Im GETTING MY B so Im okay with ANY name!!! hehehee

• 🆒Here's another LEO idea… Remember Leo Sayer's song "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" from the 1970's? Maybe you could name him after the song and then call him "Leo." There's also his songs: "One Man Band," "Something Fine," and "Easy to Love." Although I don't really remember the last two... (They just sounded cool).

Oh, yeah and then there's Leo Fender... he designed the Fender guitars in the '70's. I don't quite know how you could work that one in though???

• I love the name Something Fine!!!!!

Came up with King Leonitus of Sparta…

Okay, I must be bored 'cause I am having wayyyy tooo much fun googleing and researching ideas for names!!!! If you decide on this name (which is really cute, too) you may want to spell it "King Leonidas." Or at least that is the way I found it spelled online… He led a suicide mission against the Persians. Interesting... huh?!?!?!;)

Oh yeah, GEOFF Likes Remington (Remi) for short…Buckshot (Buck) for short. "Manly" Names of course...says Geoff...LOL I dont care either way, Im GETTING MY B so Im okay with ANY name!!! hehehee

I know what you mean… My DH named Bella and that was OK because I was getting my baby!!!:)

"Remi" is really cute, too! Okay... Here I go again... I googled that name with 1970's and got this info: Remi Kabaka is an internationally known African Master Drummer who became most popular in the 1970's. He has played with numerous musicians over the years. I listened to some of his music on his MySpace and he is awesome! With this name you could get the African link to the Basenji breed🆒, AND incorporate 1970's music into it;), AND make your DH happy!!!:D

Whew... sorry I got so windy.:eek:

• @bellabasenji:

I know what you mean… My DH named Bella and that was OK because I was getting my baby!!!:)

"Remi" is really cute, too! Okay... Here I go again... I googled that name with 1970's and got this info: Remi Kabaka is an internationally known African Master Drummer who became most popular in the 1970's. He has played with numerous musicians over the years. I listened to some of his music on his MySpace and he is awesome! With this name you could get the African link to the Basenji breed🆒, AND incorporate 1970's music into it;), AND make your DH happy!!!:D

Whew... sorry I got so windy.:eek:

Well that really works out doesnt it!! Im going to have to look up some of his music! Yesterday on a 6hour drive home from a wedding we really had the chance to sit and throw out names…we laughed ALOT and then narrowed it down to:
    For the Hunting Dog Theme: (Both Like)
    Remington Sharp Shooter : Call Name "Gunner" or "Remi"
    USS Gunner's Mate : Call "Gunner" (If we get Sailor Man Puppy)
    The Names Kira Likes!:
    King Leonitus : Call "Leo" or "Lee"
    "Gunner"
    Maximus : Call "Max"
    The Names Geoff Likes:
    Remington : Call "Remi"
    Buckshot: Call "Buck"
    or Remington Buckshot: Call "Buck"
    Ramses

STILL Thinking about it, but we have time yet…

• uh…hmm...you're missing the most obvious registered name for the one with the anchor. And it keeps with Cindy's litter 70's song theme...

Are you ready...

C'Quest's In the Navy (Village People song)...call name "Gunner". :D:D:D

Oh, and another call name idea..."Hunter"...if you go with the hunting theme.

• Oooh I like that!!! Hehehee! That's a good idea! We will definantly talk about it! Thanks!

• @renaultf1:

C'Quest's In the Navy (Village People song)…call name "Gunner". :D:D:D

Oh I love this!

• I like that a lot, too!!!:D

• So we went to visit the puppies today and found out we are getting Sailor Man puppy!! We ADORE him! Im going to be posting pictures very soon!! But we talked to Cindy and she has decided to go with the Litter theme "Play"

Since the Sire's name is "Just Push Play: Player" We need to have the registered name have "Play, Player, Plays, Playing….." in it. SOOOOO we had a LONG drive back to think about it and hehe, COMPLETELY changed our minds about the name.

We are 100% stuck on calling him Maverick (From the movie) and want his Reg. name to be something like "Playing all My Cards" or "Playing for Keeps" or "I Play for Keeps" or something that has to do with Poker or the movie Maverick.

So once again, we are open for your ideas!!! Thank you!!

Kira

• I like 'Playing for Keeps' 🙂

Suggested Topics