• @Janneke:

😃 😃 (sorry.. but that's just funny ;))

That's what happens when I get backed up against a wall. I'm like a wild Basenji. Grrrrr….

• @MomOfMya:

Mya is not overweight. I'm sure it is the angle and the lighting. I am a responsible owner and Mya is well taken care of. Since I own a basenji now I'm knowledgeable enough to ask the appropriate questions of the breeder. I did not post this picture for everyone to point and frown. I most certainly did not post for anyone's disapproval of my breeders either.

My feelings are hurt and I'm not exactly clear on what to think of some of the perfectly opinionated people on this site.

In your post here you did post about people disapproving of Mya's breeder… No one was bashing Mya and I didn't say anything about her being overweight... very rarely can you tell that kind of thing from a picture unless they are extemely overweight.. and I don't/didn't think that Mya was overweight at all.

• I think it is not really about who said what.. but about the fact that 75 % of the reaction in this "show off your dog'' thread are about: watch out for this disease.. oh and this one….

Why can't we all just say: aaaaah, lovely photo.. etc etc.. or just say nothing.. and talk about Fanconi in other threads..

• @tanza:

Hopefully they have been (the sire and dam) DNA tested for Fanconi

Here, you're the 4th poster on Mya's pic. And this was your comment. Are you always this cynical?? I see front the amount of comments you've left over the last four years that you definately have opinions and yours seem to be right.

I'm definately in the wrong here. I apologize for any bad feeling this has caused. I'll go crawl in my hole now and cry.

THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

• @MomOfMya:

Here, you're the 4th poster on Mya's pic. And this was your comment. Are you always this synical?? I see front the amount of comments you've left over the last four years that you definately have opinions and yours seem to be right.

I'm definately in the wrong here. I apologize for any bad feeling this has caused. I'll go crawl in my hole now and cry.

THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Yes, when it concerns the health of the breed I am synical totally. Should be something that anyone breeding has/is doing. I have never seen that the breeders that Mya came from have DNA tested for Fanconi? Should not be a secret… considering the results are on a public database. Who people get a puppy from is their own business for sure... however to not have testing done is sad, for the people getting a pup... and the pup itself. And if the "harping" helps one person, one Basenji... it is worth it.

I don't think you are in the wrong...

• @tanza:

Yes, when it concerns the health of the breed I am synical totally. Should be something that anyone breeding has/is doing. I have never seen that the breeders that Mya came from have DNA tested for Fanconi? Should not be a secret… considering the results are on a public database. Who people get a puppy from is their own business for sure... however to not have testing done is sad, for the people getting a pup... and the pup itself. And if the "harping" helps one person, one Basenji... it is worth it.

I don't think you are in the wrong...

Okay…tell me who Mya's breeder is since you seem to know that the dam and sire have not been tested. Show me the secret. Show me how you know who they are and where you got your information from. Because I have all of the information and you seem to too. I know you didn't get it from me.

• @Janneke:

I think it is not really about who said what.. but about the fact that 75 % of the reaction in this "show off your dog'' thread are about: watch out for this disease.. oh and this one….

Why can't we all just say: aaaaah, lovely photo.. etc etc.. or just say nothing.. and talk about Fanconi in other threads..

I need a drink! Is that irresponsible of me? Nah, it's Friday!

• @MomOfMya:

I need a drink! Is that irresponsible of me? Nah, it's Friday!

What are we drinking?

• @Janneke:

What are we drinking?

I'm hoping for a little red wine. Of course I have a dr's appt. at 6:00p.m. So it's going to have to wait. 😞

• @MomOfMya:

I'm hoping for a little red wine. Of course I have a dr's appt. at 6:00p.m. So it's going to have to wait. 😞

Aaa.. I'll start already.. It's 10.21 pm here 😃

• @Janneke:

Aaa.. I'll start already.. It's 10.21 pm here 😃

Have one for me!

• @MomOfMya:

Okay…tell me who Mya's breeder is since you seem to know that the dam and sire have not been tested. Show me the secret. Show me how you know who they are and where you got your information from. Because I have all of the information and you seem to too. I know you didn't get it from me.

Huh? I never said that I knew who Mya's breeder is you never have posted that, however I don't know why it would be such a secret? I asked if the Sire and Dam were tested? And if they were, they would be on the OFA site… I would think that people would be proud of their pups breeder and share who they are...
    I would image I could figure it out, if I really want to know... but again, I don't care who buys what from who.. I don't recommend breeders other then to refer people to the BCOA site/members...

• I think she is a beauty.

• @dash:

I think she is a beauty.

Thanks Jennifer!

• @tanza:

Huh? I never said that I knew who Mya's breeder is you never have posted that, however I don't know why it would be such a secret? I asked if the Sire and Dam were tested? And if they were, they would be on the OFA site… I would think that people would be proud of their pups breeder and share who they are...
    I would image I could figure it out, if I really want to know... but again, I don't care who buys what from who.. I don't recommend breeders other then to refer people to the BCOA site/members...

This is exactly as you typed it "I have never seen that the breeders that Mya came from have DNA tested for Fanconi? Should not be a secret… considering the results are on a public database."

You said it was a secret. You never asked. Did you? You just JUMPED to your own little conclusions. I'm actually here for fun and information when needed. I don't need your assistance and certainly don't appreciate your badgering.

I know you'll have the last word...so go! I'm finished with you and your sorry attitude. Like I said before, I don't need this drama from a complete lunatic.

• @Janneke:

I have to agree with you.. I was also a bit annoyed that everybody started about weight, dew claws and breeders not testing..
    Mya is beautiful. With dew claws.. Tillo has them as well.. the Dutch government thinks it is cruelty to take them of 😉

Edit: and please tell us about that puppy you are waiting for…...

:eek: SAME FOR ME !! :eek:
    I'm very glad it is forbidden in Belgium / Holland. :mad:
    BTW, can anyone explain to me WHY they are removing them in the US ?😕

• @tsjoe007:

They have always been removed here in the US, I think the post by lvoss explained breeders reason pretty well here in the US.. again removing Dew Claws is really looked at different in the US and Europe.

• @tsjoe007:

The 'why' is somewhere in the previous posts 😉

• OK ! I replied before reading ALL of the responses :o
    Now I know.:)
    And please, be nice and polite to each other. There is so much valuable information on the forum that it would be a pitty that people drop out !!:o
    Our B's will be thankfull !!!:) 😃

• @MomOfMya:

Here is Mya, almost 1-year old now. I think she looks like she's waiting patiently for her new brother or sister. Or she could be planning the next attack on the cat!

Mya is gorgeous! Love her cross-paws pose. She looks like she wants to do you proud, MomOfMya. 🙂

Suggested Topics