• This is Lola's first holiday season & Booger's first holiday with a tree!! (Last year we had a fake 2 foot tree). Here are some pictures of their first tree & the first fire of the season!
    Lola inspects the tree

The men of the house put the star on top

O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree

Our cat Spooky LOVES the new hiding spot with all the shiny, dangly stuff.

Booger quickly plops down in front of the fire

Andrew & Booger get comfy in front of the fire

Happy Holidays to all!!

• Awwww! Well done, it's beautiful!

• Beautiful tree! Glad the pups like it too.

Anne in Tampa

• Wonderful tree, but I have to ask, how do you keep the b's from "sprinkling" on it?

• Do you think the tree will stay intact for a few weeks?

Hey luckily my boy squats when he pees so I don't need to worry about our tree being sprinkled. HA!

• @sharronhurlbut:

Wonderful tree, but I have to ask, how do you keep the b's from "sprinkling" on it?

I've just been keeping a close eye. They normally go potty in ivy & wooded areas, and I think its bushy enough & the bottom boughs are low enough it discourages them. I have more trouble keeping them from knocking the bulbs off. Between them & the cat (who thinks its a GIANT cat toy), I've had to pick up about 15 ornaments & put them back on the tree. There is evidence that an ornament broke & Andrew tried to clean it up so I wouldn't notice. I found a little red glittery shard on the floor! I don't know how they broke an ornament on carpet!
    I'm hoping it will last, but I expect it to be quite a bit shabbier by Christmas. Fortunately we won't have to drag it far to get it out of the house, so hopefully not too many needles!!!

• @Andrew:

I've just been keeping a close eye. They normally go potty in ivy & wooded areas, and I think its bushy enough & the bottom boughs are low enough it discourages them. I have more trouble keeping them from knocking the bulbs off. Between them & the cat (who thinks its a GIANT cat toy), I've had to pick up about 15 ornaments & put them back on the tree. There is evidence that an ornament broke & Andrew tried to clean it up so I wouldn't notice. I found a little red glittery shard on the floor! I don't know how they broke an ornament on carpet!
    I'm hoping it will last, but I expect it to be quite a bit shabbier by Christmas. Fortunately we won't have to drag it far to get it out of the house, so hopefully not too many needles!!!

We have always had a "real tree". Never had a sprinkle problem. Had to revert to toddler phase when decorating. Anything breakable or had a special meaning, goes up to about 4 foot high on the tree.

• aww man Im soo Jealous of the laying by the fire picture….thats where I wanna be RIGHT NOW!! hehehee

Suggested Topics