• Little guy checked out well with the vet tonight. Came in @ 18.9lbs. So he has probably an extra pound or so. Not eating today doesn't seem like such a bad thing now.

He did drink some water tonight at least.

• How old is he? How tall is he? The pictures you posted aren't the best for looking at optimal weight but he didn't seem to be overweight in the pictures. What makes you think that he is overweight?

• I agree with lvoss…. from the pictures.. I would never think that he was over weight.... average male weight is close to 25lbs

• My male, who is 17 inches tall is usually around 24-25 pounds. My mom's small boy Levi, about 16 1/2 maybe 16 3/4 on his tip toes, weighs in at 20 pounds and is probably a little underweight.

• I'm not sure on his height, but he's 18.9lbs and exactly 8 months old today. The vet said he wasn't overweight, but he had enough weight not to worry about him not eating. Meaning he had an extra pound of room. I wasn't implying he was overweight. I think he's at a good weight already.

• When a dog only weighs 19 pounds, 1 pound is over 5% of its body weight. If he is at good weight, he wouldn't have an extra pound. Just because a dog won't be harmed by missing some meals isn't the same as saying it has extra weight.

• Hello & welcome to the forum 🙂
    What a beautiful boy you have!! And a compliment for the pictures! 🙂

I hope you enjoy this forum and your new pup! I think he will be fine in a couple of days.. he just has to get used to his new home and people.
    Keep us informed!

• @lvoss:

When a dog only weighs 19 pounds, 1 pound is over 5% of its body weight. If he is at good weight, he wouldn't have an extra pound. Just because a dog won't be harmed by missing some meals isn't the same as saying it has extra weight.

Well… I wasn't exactly implying technicalities here, but I understand and agree with what you're saying. So fair enough I suppose.

• He seems to be doing much better today. He's playing games with me right now. I let him hang out on the couch and went somewhere else in the room. He keeps running over to me to see what i'm doing, when I turn my head he runs away, but then comes right back. So he's showing interest to see what i'm doing. He also seems much more relaxed today compared to previously. So far so good. 🙂

• Ah, he'll be into your trash and shredding toilet paper in no time. 😉

• Congrats on the new addition he sure is cute, can't wait for some more pics

• @basenji_fan:

Congrats on the new addition he sure is cute, can't wait for some more pics

Ask and you shall receive… he was tired after running around for a solid 30 mins. He was awfully playful this morning.

Proud of his new home…...

• Only place I can get a good picture of him is on the couch. Anywhere else and he's too busy exploring to stand still. I'm learning….

• He's very handsome!! Good to hear he is settling in 🙂

• As I already said : great feel for composition ! Excellent pictures.

Greetz from Belgium

• I had to get a few more photos after some more playtime. He had a nice nap this afternoon.

It's tough to not take more pictures. 🙂

• Please keep amazing me !!!!!;)

• He has a nice masculine head. And he loves his couch!

Great photos, thanks!

• Pretty boy! Congrats. Is his name Chase??

• @Sharla:

Pretty boy! Congrats. Is his name Chase??

That's my name. 😃

His name is Kananga.

Suggested Topics