This girl belongs in the oval office!

• I think the Obama girls need this puppy, and maybe her sister too!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11908118

• I actually sent in an iReport to CNN saying they should get a BRAT rescue.

• That's great! Because you know this is the most important decision they have to make right now! 😉

• Can you imagine a b in the white house with all the wood furnature???
    OMG!
    They would have to put a secret service man or 3 on the dog!!!!

• Hahahahaha - exactly what my husband said: they'd chew up the White House!

• I think the president's dog, has it's own full time petsitter, that picks up poo, keeps if from barking (because basenjis do it soo often) and make sure nobody tries to steal it and use it against the first family.

It'd be interesting to see the nice proper stance, and look of the B, just standing on the steps or laying on it's own little chair at meetings.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Can you imagine a b in the white house with all the wood furnature???
    OMG!
    They would have to put a secret service man or 3 on the dog!!!!

That was exactly my first thought!!! :eek: :eek:

Pat

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it is time that a basenji came to the oval office. It is high time we stopped the scotties and labs from having control of the doggie issues. I fully support the motion of putting a basenji in the white house. Who do I write to?!?!?!

• While it would be interesting to have a B in the White House, I think that such exposure would be detrimental to the breed in general. Everybody will be going out to buy the same kind of dog that the Obamas have. The result being more puppy mills and poor breeding. Maybe the Obamas can get a basenji mix.

• @elena86:

While it would be interesting to have a B in the White House, I think that such exposure would be detrimental to the breed in general. Everybody will be going out to buy the same kind of dog that the Obamas have. The result being more puppy mills and poor breeding. Maybe the Obamas can get a basenji mix.

I thought exactly the same..

But.. I think I mentioned this before in another thread: Our former queen had a basenji 😃

• I even found her name !!! :rolleyes: Fula N'Zara of the Congo (1972)
    The portrait was given to the Queen on the occasion of her Silver Jubilee (1979).

• I love that portrait. There is something very compelling about it. The way she is holding her B looks protective and the dog is so alert and curious. The queen looks like she is thinking: "I'll take the time to sit for this portrait only because you are putting my beloved dog in it."

Pat

• What an excellent portrait!!!!

• I sent and email congratulating Obama and suggested that they look at the BRAT website. I actually got a reply with 24 hrs and it wasn't the canned response stating that they were considering all breeds.:)

• Even tho this is a cute thread, I so hope we never have our basenji breed become a movie dog, or a celeb dog or a white house dog.
    Its does the breed no service, as those who are in it for a profit come out of the woodwork.
    Just a thought.

• they definately do have the pet sitter that does all the walking and stuff.. because the presidents dog just bit a reporter while the pet sitter was walking it.. lol not doing such a good job i guess :p

• I think it would be a mistake to put a basenji in the White House! Every Tom,Dick and Harry would want one!

Kathryn D. Ladick
    Jaroufa Hounds

• On the other (lighter) hand - a basenji being a basenji would more than likely tear up some stupid executive order before it could be implemented or maybe shred a bad piece of legislation waiting for a signature :). Can you imagine the look on a visiting head-of-state walking into the oval office only to see toilet paper all over the place 😃

• @wizard:

Can you imagine the look on a visiting head-of-state walking into the oval office only to see toilet paper all over the place 😃

😃 😃 😃 😃

• @elena86:

While it would be interesting to have a B in the White House, I think that such exposure would be detrimental to the breed in general. Everybody will be going out to buy the same kind of dog that the Obamas have. The result being more puppy mills and poor breeding. Maybe the Obamas can get a basenji mix.

I agree 100%. My mom joked when she heard about the Obamas needing a hypoallergenic breed that they should get a basenji. Although it would certainly be cool to see a basenji running around with the Obamas, it would only increase popularity. When breeds become more popular they are more in demand & thus…more pups that end up coming from mills or getting left at shelters once people realize that they are crazy. Haha.

Plus, from my own personal experience, basenjis are not hypoallergenic. While they do produce less dander, I would never call them hypoallergenic. My ex was still very allergic to Dallas after getting him...that's why he's an ex now :p Nah, just kidding.

Although I will say, all those important documents, the beautiful antique wood furniture, the 3 Obama girls underwear...any basenji would certainly be in heaven! LOL. I could see it now...international guest walks into White House & sees first dog chewing up undies...HAHAHAH.

Suggested Topics