• Hey all!!

My name is Sarah and I live in Ireland!

I don't (yet) have the pleasure of having a Basenji, but I am looking to add one to our family mid next year so I am here to find out as much info as possible about this beautiful breed.

Great to be here 😃

• Welcome Sarah. Glad you found the forums. There is a wealth of information here to help get you ready for living with a B. 🙂

• Lovely to have someone else who lives on the "other side of the pond" 🙂

welcome ! i'm sure you'll gather loads of info here. 🙂

• Lots of good info on this forum.
    Welcome.

• Welcome Sarah. I hope you find all the info (good or bad) you need here.

I see by your PP that your interests are in dog training and showing. May I be so bold as to ask what kind of dogs you train/show?? I'm just a pet owner so showing and training are a world beyond my understanding. The closest I get to showing is watching Crufts and Westminster on TV:o

BTW…does Ireland have many 'senjis?

• I have owned and shown Staffordshire Bull Terriers for the past 10 years. I originally saw a Basenji at a show last year and have been fascinated ever since. To be honest I haven't seen many over here, there are hardly any entered in shows that I have seen but not too sure how common they are.

I have seen more in the UK, I travel over there alot to show.

• Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum:D

I am moving from Germany to N.I next month as my husband is in the forces so there will be 3 more Basenjis living there soon!!
    I only know of 1 Basenji that actually lives in Ireland, all the rest come across from England for the shows. Maybe we could arrange for you to come and visit my 3 when I get settled in;)

• Oh wow that would be fantastic!!! It would be really great to actually get to meet some and have a cuddle. Definitly let me know when you are moved over and all settled in 😃

• Welcome to the forum – lots of good information here for you (breeze through some of the old threads for great tips). Keep us informed when you do acquire one (or two or three) :).

• @Ferox:

Oh wow that would be fantastic!!! It would be really great to actually get to meet some and have a cuddle. Definitly let me know when you are moved over and all settled in 😃

Will do:D They are always up for a good cuddle:D

• A big welcome to the forum from the Netherlands!

Suggested Topics