• Hi, my name is Carrie and I have a 1.5 year old female Basenji mix named Sky who I've had is she was 8 weeks. She's a Basenji in every way, she just has scruffy hair. I love my baby even if she's the most stubborn creature I've ever met. I've already had to spend $1000s fortifying my fence to keep her from exploring the neighborhood and chasing down every rabbit and bird in sight. There's no one around here that I know who owns a Basenji, or has even heard of them. I'm looking forward to getting to know people here and sharing experiences and tips.

• Welcome to the pack Carrie and Sky. Glad you found us. There is such a wealth of information available for you here. When you get a chance we would love to see some pictures of Sky. 🙂

• Welcome to the pack – there are lots of great ideas and tips here (I've learned alot and I've had basenjis for 7 years). There is an old thread about keeping your basenji safe - you might want to search that one - and other threads about health. Anyway, when you get a chance please post some pictures - we're all addicted to basenji pictures!

Suggested Topics