• I use themes for every litter and sometimes the dog's call name matches the registered name, sometimes it doesn't.

The dogs currently residing in my household:

Sherwood's Red Baron "Baron"
    Sherwood's Red Alert "Logan"
    Sherwood's Timeswept Promises "Pippin"
    Sherwood's Something Special "Bindi"
    Sherwood's Secret Legacy "Jozie"

• This is a fun thread 🙂 Most of our dogs have some sort of connection between their registered name and call name.

Am/Can Ch Select Quercus Rubra "Querk"
    Select Quercus Infinite Velocity JC "Ivy"
    Taji-Rennek-Platinum Quercus JC "Blondie"
    Ch Taji's Closing Bell at Quercus JC "Bella"
    Quercus Select Incandescent "Luna"
    Quercus Taji What In-Carnation? "Carl" but we usually call him "Hippo" or "Hippo/Carl" because that is what Ethan named him. He was a VERY big puppy at birth!

• I think I'm one of the very few, but Medjai's registered name is Medjai.

There was not really any reason to keep with the parent's name, as it was a BYB and his dogs are named simply their call name with a number. Except for the few that he bought elsewhere that have full 'regular' registered names. (Bandit Jones vs. Spicy-Kazor of Anza)

• Quercus,
    To your question … "Wasn't that frozen semen from Sally's Bravo? He was such an awesome dog." That's exactly it - Brandy and Brite Northern Exposure.

• THis is a fun thread. So here ar my pups names

Charlie = Avatar's Charlemagne Veritas
    Or "Charlemagne's truth"
    And
    Zaire = Taji's Nyonda Zaire Usharifu
    or "Beloved nobility of Zaire"

😃

• And our two are:

Sherwood's Little Red Corvette (Cory)
    Sherwood's Secret Keeper (Jayden)

Pat

• We don't generally do themes, but sometimes try to honor the sire or dam, and I like to look up Swahili words and include them when they suit the dog's personality. Usually the puppies kind of name themselves and then we're stuck trying to find a registered name that's not too far away…

Ch. Illusion's Rio Grande of Dune, SDHR - Tex (His white neck mark was the shape of Texas when he was a baby)
    Ch. Fiber Optic Illusion - Fiber
    Ch. Lela Jamilli - Lela
    Ch. Nowata's Malkia Illusion - Kate (Malkia is Queen in Swahili, she was the only red in her litter, so she's named after Katherine Hepburn in The African Queen)
    Ch. Illusion's Lonestar - Dude (sired by a dog in Texas)
    Ch. Illusion's Moonlit Arrow, JC - Arrow (she had a black 'bullseye' in the middle of her white collar)
    Ch. Kalikids Kivulli Illusion - Kivu (Kivuli means shadow in Swahili)
    Illusion's Jelani Rio - JR (Tex and Arrow's red son, Jelani means mighty)
    Illusion's Queen in Moonlight - Queenie, although her handler calls her Cookie because she always pays attention to that! Tex and Arrow's black daughter.

Terry

• Oops, I will never be forgiven! I forgot one!

Ch. Illusion's Mlia Amina - Mimi Mlia means striped, and was part of her mother's name. She was the only puppy to survive in her litter and she battled so hard that we named her after an ancient African female warrior, Amina.

Terry

• :p My first basenji was CH Brinidana Jones of Dune. His son is Foresses Indiana Jones.

But ususally, I try to match the dog's personality.

Sharla

• As I havent had the time to show my little girl (bahh)
    her reg. name is Hajomi Eikobondo, call name Lycia

(said Basenji is snoring loudly next to me)

we are thinking on lure coursing though…

• @ Lauren:
    Eikobondo? Are you sure about that? I know Kennel Ekibondo from Czech Republik….

My dogs are

Old Legend's Anam Chara - he is called Jester
    Old Legend's Banshee - she is called Banshee
    I was allowed both times to choose the registration and the callnames.

And last but not least, Lis Glamur Velikaya Panda-Monkey, she is called Panda.

Sometimes I wish, that breeders think about Kennel names and dog names BEFORE naming each of them, in order to get the names in the registration forms for Shows and other events. Sometimes it is hard to write that small and still in a way that others are able to read what they need to know....

Regards,
    Esther

• What determines the kennel name that will be used? The dam?

• The breeder of the litter determines the kennel name that is used.

So back to my dog's names:

Sherwood's In The Nick of Time
    Sherwood's Shadow of the Moon

Sherwood is the kennel name of their breeder Robyn Dubbert. There are several Sherwood dogs on the Forums.

Kinetic Sourcery

Kinetic is my kennel name.

Kinetic-Tanza Soul Music

Kinetic is my kennel name, Tanza is Pat's kennel name. This was a co-breeding and both kennel names are in the registered name.

The litter that I am expecting on Halloween will be Kinetic and Enchanted since I am co-breeding the litter with my mom.

• Yeps it's Ekibondo.. my fingers got happy with the 'o' key. 🙂

• And my kennel name was years ago going to be Obvious but then I decided to use a more Af name and picked a small lake in Africia, Tanza

So for come of my kids
    Zuri's Ti-Tanza Wazi Ajabu, aka Mickii (Zuri is the kennel name of the breeder, Ti to indicated Tri, and Tanza as my kennel name), her offspring

Tanza's Tego
    Tanza-Zuri Fatia (while it was not a co-breeding with Mickii's breeder we did have an agreement that we would co-own the keeper of the litter)

Now we have Kobey
    Emerant Fopaw TriWizard at Tanza - So Emerant and Fopaw are the kennel names of the co-breeders and Tanza is my kennel name

I am co-breeding with Parry this year so the kennel name will be Tanza (on the pups I keep) and Rugusa on the pups that he keeps or maybe a combo of both, we have not decided. One of these pups will go back to the stud owner instead of a stud fee, so that pup will have Fopaw in the name….

So the moral of the story is, people use their kennel names as a way to identify their breedings and themselves. We put lots and lots of time, effort, engery, money into our litters and are proud of our pups, so we want everyone to know who they are....

• Cool Hannah Ekibondo became EUW-08 with BOB in Budapest this past weekend under Judge Kay Eldred from australia and she´s just a juniorbitch.She must come from the same litter as yours Scouiffy:)
    Ok back to the topic
    Wazin Red Elegance -she´s called Efia swahili word for Born on a friday.
    Dipop Red´s Dancer -he´s called Myran which in swedish means ant as he reminded me of a fireant.
    Both dog´s share the same dad Meisterhaus Tail Of Intrigue bred by Tad Brooks.

• She is indeed from the same litter 🙂 It was a fantastic group of girls, the breeder I think is still a little disappointed I'm not showing Lycia.. alas.

• I saw their dad at the WDS-2008 C-Quest Echo Of Eldorado he´s one good looking boy and if they got his bonestructure and topline they are a lucky group of girls;)

• Well as I understand it, she has his topline - and her mothers light bone structure and feminine face. Apparently she is a excellent "female" mirror of Echo. 🙂

Again, I'm kicking myself for not having her in the ring…

• My dogs are:

Old Legend's Chinese Peony, called "Peony"
    Old Legend's Dojo-Hoshi, called "Dojo"

and the same as soulmate I was also allowed to choose both names.

Suggested Topics