• Hello Basenji people!
    I got my 1st Basenji a year ago in July after about a year or so of research about the breed. I was reluctant after all the warnings and horror stories of their destructive habits and independant natures.
    I really think for me I had enough doggy experience with a wide variety of some other difficult breeds that I have hardly noticed. In fact, my B is one of the best behaved, reliable dogs I have ever owned. Now, of course he isn't going to hang on my every whim like my St. Poodle did but I know his limitations. lol
    He is a wonderfully unique little guy and I couldn't be happier with my choice. Or should I say his.:D
    I bought him for show and our very 1st time in the ring [after getting the gum off his head :p ] we got a 3 point major win! For those of you who aren't familiar, you need 2 Major wins with a total of 15 points to get a championship title. I was so stunned, I thought I was going to faint. By the way, I found out by accident, 2 minutes to ringtime, that hand sanitizer takes gum out of fur very nicely!;)
    He just turned 2 and I'm looking forward to many new adventures with him.

• Tuneysmom,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you are going to tell the story about how he got gum on his head!

Jenn

• Welcome! This is a great place for all to share about this wonderful breed! Lots of luck on the show circuit, but it doesn't seem like you need it!

Suggested Topics